wingless' DCF887M2 20V MAX XR 3-Speed Impact Driver Kit

wingless

DeWALT DCF887M2 20V MAX XR 3-Speed Impact Driver Kit

The DCF887M2 Type 3 20V MAX XR 3-speed impact driver kit was added to my tool kit.

An impact driver is not a tool that I have owned / used previously. I am really loving how this drives fasteners in difficult applications. I am very happy that the fastener is driven with little or no head damage. This is also very handy for removing difficult fasteners, also with little or no head damage.

This DCF887M2 kit includes: the DCF887 impact driver; two DCB204 4.0Ah 20V XR Li-Ion batteries; a DCB115 4.0A 12V/20V MAX battery charger; a N268241  belt hook and a clam shell tool box.

The DCF887 has great control features. One is the three-position mode switch. Mode 1 is identified as 0-1,000 rpm 20 ft-lbs Precision Drive. Mode 2 is 0-2,800 rpm 125 ft-lbs Normal Impacting. Mode 3 is 0-3,250 152 ft-lbs High-Speed Impacting. The Mode 1 permits precise driving control in many applications, until the tool runs out of torque. Mode 2 gets the job done to drive or remove the fastener. My limited usage has not needed Mode 3 yet.

The tool has a variable speed squeeze trigger switch, with continuous partial speed operation not recommended. There is also a forward / locked off / reverse switch.

The tool has three forward-facing bright white LED lights, to illuminate the work area.

The kit includes a N268241 belt clip. I also added a N268199 bit holder on the other side of the tool.

The kit includes a nice plastic clam shell tool box, with storage locations for the extra battery and for the battery charger.  The hard plastic tool box measures 16" x 9½" x 4¼" with a pair of metal lever draw-down latches, a full-width piano hinge and a metal hinge pin. My application has better utility without the extra battery and without the battery charger, instead using that interior volume for related tool storage.  I found that the Bosch MP500T carbide drill set and the Milwaukee 48-89-4631 23 titanium drill bit set fit nicely in the case with those kit items not present.

Bosch MP500T 5-Piece Daredevil Rotary / Impact / Hammer Drill Bit Set - 
http://forum.toolsinaction.com/topic/14363-wingless-accessories/?tab=comments#comment-201441

Milwaukee 48-89-4631 23-Piece Titanium Shockwave Drill Bit Set
http://forum.toolsinaction.com/topic/14363-wingless-accessories/?tab=comments#comment-201164

20V MAX XR Belt Hook and Tool Holder - 
http://forum.toolsinaction.com/topic/14432-wingless-20v-max-xr-belt-hook-and-tool-holder/

44768493060_2ec6f08381_b.jpg

46586320631_8dd87934c6_b.jpg

46587101191_5a8dd0a416_b.jpg

31645317307_3127fdf21b_b.jpg

31645317237_c37b81139e_b.jpg

44768492980_b85630ca39_b.jpg

44605284770_efe24fb6f6_b.jpg

31645317177_7c8bde0b7e_b.jpg

31645317417_b04d432571_b.jpg

12 minutes ago, JakeDewalt said:

I see you put a set of Hammerdrill masonry bits in the box. I understand they have a 1/4 in hex to lock into the tool but they are better used in a hammer drill not an impact 

Thanks, that is correct.

My tool set does not yet include a hammer drill, so I am currently drilling masonry either with my rotary drill or my impact drill.

This Bosch ¼" hex drive shank with the power groove retention radius set is rated for rotary, impact and hammer.

44764277020_9706915a5c_b.jpg

Actually disregard @Babysaw comments. 

This is is a forum for members to post.

For members that may feel they need to guide, direct or otherwise offer non constructive criticism or jabs I would highly suggest you write your comments on a piece of toilet paper and blow your nose into said notes.  Do not use the forum to spread disrespect to other members. 

Thanks, Chris.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Babysaw said:

Lol dude if this was a subreddit he’d have been flagged for spamming days ago. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for all this stuff on a single thread so as not to clutter every other user’s experience? 

Read your pm.

Real simple "dude" just don't read his threads if you don't like it instead of "doubling down"

I for one enjoy reading and seeing his pictures showing the same.

Lol dude if this was a subreddit he’d have been flagged for spamming days ago. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to ask for all this stuff on a single thread so as not to clutter every other user’s experience? 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

I actually brought my DCF887 into work today to let a coworker use it, only to find out she no longer needs it.  I lucked out and got mine in a kit with two 2Ah batteries for $90 after it was returned.

Impact drivers are great, aren't they!  My first was part of my first Li-Ion kit, an 18v Porter Cable.  That and the 12v PC impact were given away along with the rest of those platform.  I also gave away a Hitachi I had.  Currently, I have the Ridgid, DCD886 and 887, and two M18 Fuel One Key impact drivers.  The DeWalt remain the most used.

• Like 1

I see you put a set of Hammerdrill masonry bits in the box. I understand they have a 1/4 in hex to lock into the tool but they are better used in a hammer drill not an impact 

Bosch designed a set of masonry bits for impact use, they perform okay on smaller stuff but heavier duty tasks forget about it, carbide is too soft on it the tips wear pretty quickly
@wingless this is a great impact from DEWALT except one thing, I hate the speed selector, wish they would have made it electronic like pretty much any other brand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/3/2019 at 11:11 AM, wingless said:

The DCF887 has great control features. One is the three-position mode switch. Mode 1 is identified as 0-1,000 rpm 20 ft-lbs Precision Drive. Mode 2 is 0-2,800 rpm 125 ft-lbs Normal Impacting. Mode 3 is 0-3,250 152 ft-lbs High-Speed Impacting. The Mode 1 permits precise driving control in many applications, until the tool runs out of torque. Mode 2 gets the job done to drive or remove the fastener. My limited usage has not needed Mode 3 yet.

The tool has a variable speed squeeze trigger switch, with continuous partial speed operation not recommended. There is also a forward / locked off / reverse switch.

11 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

@wingless this is a great impact from DEWALT except one thing, I hate the speed selector, wish they would have made it electronic like pretty much any other brand

The tool has both a variable speed trigger switch, plus the three-position mode switch.

2 hours ago, wingless said:

The tool has both a variable speed trigger switch, plus the three-position mode switch.

Sorry i don't think I was clear, the 887 has the speed selector on the bottom of the tool but its a manual switch, i find a little tedious to use, tend to skip speed to an go back and forth between 1 and 3, same war i fight with the DCD 996... any who most other manufactures on multi mode/speed impacts have an electronic button that switches the speeds like Milwaukee, Hitachi, Bosch, Makita...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:35 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Sorry i don't think I was clear, the 887 has the speed selector on the bottom of the tool but its a manual switch, i find a little tedious to use, tend to skip speed to an go back and forth between 1 and 3, same war i fight with the DCD 996... any who most other manufactures on multi mode/speed impacts have an electronic button that switches the speeds like Milwaukee, Hitachi, Bosch, Makita...

Personally, I far prefer to have a manual analogue switch than an electronic button that is far less durable. I've had several various brands that have had that electronic switch fail.