Festop Table Saw Announced

Jronman

Toolnut posted a sneek peek of a new table saw developed by Festool that will include flesh sensing technology. I don't know if it has been confirmed for North America yet but if the rumors are true it will be coming to North America. 

Meh, Since we already have Saw Stop here,  putting the Festool name on it will drive the price even higher.  

Does Delta, Powermatic or Jet table saws have any presence in the European market? With all the high end European table saws Saw Stop has nothing to offer besides the flesh sensing tech.

The SawStop jobsite saw is already a premium table saw. If the features if the Festool are the same as the SawStop then I wouldn't expect the price to be much different. I expect it to include a sliding table which will drive the price up a bit. I don't expect it to be more than $3000 usd at most. I could be wrong though.

On 1/6/2019 at 12:05 PM, Jronman said:

The SawStop jobsite saw is already a premium table saw. If the features if the Festool are the same as the SawStop then I wouldn't expect the price to be much different. I expect it to include a sliding table which will drive the price up a bit. I don't expect it to be more than $3000 usd at most. I could be wrong though.

You’d think, but if that were how festool figures their pricing, the MFT/3 wouldn’t have increased in price every single year along side all the rest of their tools that have seen no new features. I’m not saying that the tools aren't worth the cost but the company's pricing model is just absurd. 

2 hours ago, khariV said:

You’d think, but if that were how festool figures their pricing, the MFT/3 wouldn’t have increased in price every single year along side all the rest of their tools that have seen no new features. I’m not saying that the tools aren't worth the cost but the company's pricing model is just absurd. 

Yet we still buy....grrrrrrr....

It does look like the cms system which is mostly available in Europe. I am wondering if the saw is a TS variant as the cms is designed to place one in there. Or would this be a sw insert so you could still use the router set up? 

Matters not, I have a Sawstop contractor saw and have not bought the Cms system...$$$$

5 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Yet we still buy....grrrrrrr....

It does look like the cms system which is mostly available in Europe. I am wondering if the saw is a TS variant as the cms is designed to place one in there. Or would this be a sw insert so you could still use the router set up? 

Matters not, I have a Sawstop contractor saw and have not bought the Cms system...$$$$

What I heard it is a totally new dedicated table saw and not apart of the table saw lines that have been available in Europe.