new Q1 2019 onsite brochure

midogrumpy

well many countries (Europe) are starting to release their new onsite brochure

( I posted before)

First one just now available

UK / no really big surprises

(UK is one of the brochures that does not list prices; many other countries do)

here are the major tools / items listed:

• dcs335 barrel grip jigsaw / cordless
  • dcd470 Flexvolt right angle drill (never saw a post on this tool in the forum)
  • dcb548 12Ah Flexvolt battery (USA has a different model number for this)
  • dcv586 flexvolt "Extractor" (vacuum) TSTAK case
  • dcr011 Speaker
  • dch733 Flexvolt Hammer / SDS-max / 13,3Joule Hammer Energy
  •  
  • ds290 / 2-drawer Toughsystem box
  • ds295 / 3-drawer Toughsystem box
  •  
  • DT70716 TSTAK modular storage, several mini case that will fit here (Flextork Bits, etc..)
  • DCS690 Flexvolt cut-off-saw
  • DCW604 1/4" router / cordless (USA might have a different model number)
  • DCW210 125mm random orbit sander (USA might have a different model number))
  • DCL074 AREA Light (LED) / tool connect / 5000 Lumens ! (never saw a post on this tool in the forum)

cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

they have not posted the brochure on the web site yet

I have a paper hard copy brochure 

official name: onsite News & Promotions / January -  April 2019

2)

maybe they are waiting for some other European countries (maybe central marketing) to be in-sync with the web post

maybe they are waiting for the worlds largest construction show, starting next Monday

to distribute the flyers to public visitors first

3)

anyway, I will meet several product managers at the show

(also for some insider news)

for example:

unofficial word has it that a cordless heat gun is "on it´s way"

2 hours ago, Big Adam said:

Thanks for the document link.

It is surprising to me that the French product line is pushing the 18V XR tools, while in the US we have the 20V MAX XR tools.

It should be possible for DeWALT to make ONE battery powered tool, ONE battery pack for each Ah rating, offered worldwide, but make country-specific charging stations.

Same battery same tool different sticker, 20v here in the states isn’t really 20v unless it’s a fresh unused pack off the charger, test any other 18v tool battery and the results are the same. European laws are stricter than US so they have to market them as 18v, they add the XR (only used for brushless high end line in the states) to differentiate from the older nicad 18v XRP line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So while I know prices in different parts of the world are going to be different, some of the pricing doesn't make sense.  I just see that the regular brushless grinder is 185 and the flathead is 165.  In the US the regular brushless is $170 and the flathead is $280.  I hope this just means there will be a drastic price cut on the flathead in the US but I doubt it.

14 hours ago, wingless said:

It should be possible for DeWALT to make ONE battery powered tool, ONE battery pack for each Ah rating, offered worldwide, but make country-specific charging stations.

As Jimbo has pointed out, DeWalt have already thought of that! 😂

My garage/workshop is populated with a mix 'n' match assortment of 18V XR (EU) and 20V Max (US) tools, sourced and collected depending on price and availability. I try to buy bare in US as much as possible to avoid junking perfectly good (but useless to me) chargers.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.

It is too bad for DeWALT that they must build / distribute / inventory two almost identical parts, different only by label and model number, only because of marketing considerations.

Those complications increase cost / reduce profit. Those company costs ripple down to impact consumers.

8 hours ago, wingless said:

Thanks for the info.

It is too bad for DeWALT that they must build / distribute / inventory two almost identical parts, different only by label and model number, only because of marketing considerations.

Those complications increase cost / reduce profit. Those company costs ripple down to impact consumers.

I doubt it costs a prohibitive amount, especially since DeWalt usually has much better prices than Milwaukee (at least in the US).  I suppose it's not too dissimilar from car makers rebadging a foreign model.

4 hours ago, fm2176 said:

I doubt it costs a prohibitive amount, especially since DeWalt usually has much better prices than Milwaukee (at least in the US).  I suppose it's not too dissimilar from car makers rebadging a foreign model.

Rest assured they make more than enough back in additional sales from Americans who get fooled seeing the “20V Max” vs “18V” for the rest of the market to make up for it

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ToolBane said:

Rest assured they make more than enough back in additional sales from Americans who get fooled seeing the “20V Max” vs “18V” for the rest of the market to make up for it

Using this logic, Kobalt probably comprises 95% of power tool sales at Lowe's here in the States.  Their 24v platform offers not only "20-25% more power" but also much cheaper batteries.

Kobalt doesn’t have the clout to be considered in the vicinity of the “Big 3” in the first place. Although I wouldn’t mind if they had more clout. Wouldn’t mind a legit Ryobi competitor and their products don’t look bad.

In a generic comparison of Dewalt vs Milwaukee or Makita, that 20V Max vs 18V labeling to the uninformed buyer can definitely tip the scales. Countless online flame wars have verified it’s had exactly that effect for probably tens or hundreds of thousands of buyers if not possibly even millions. Then they’re on the platform and committed to it. Tribalism naturally kicks in and the rest is history. A buyer has to either be educated on the non-distinction beforehand or already be watching out for selectively questionable advertising to not be thrown off (which we know there’s a lot of with tools, obviously Dewalt is not the sole offender on these matters).

Point is Dewalt knew what they were investing in when they chose to spend the money on different labeling in the US market and they feel the benefits outweigh the costs. It’s not like they were helpless victims to some regulatory body or something. And yeah consumers probably pay a little extra for the cost of that. Just like they do when Milwaukee makes videos sporting their newest models beating competitor’s outdated ones or whatever. It is what it is.

• Like 2

The US catalog and web site shows the 18V XRP lithium ion tools, in-addition to the 20V MAX XR lithium ion tools.

The linked catalogs from France and Portugal only show the latest XR tools, 20V MAX XR in US and 18V XR in ROW.

The absence of consumer confusion and impossible marketing permits the ROW tools to be marked as 18V. The US tools require differentiation so consumers know different products.

• Like 1

Distinguishing the older battery style vs the newer one could have been done competently and in fact more succinctly any assortment of ways without disingenuous nomenclature suggesting there was a voltage difference when there isn’t

the onsite brochure is NOW online !

https://www.dewalt.co.uk/services/DEWALT-Brochures.html

more countries to follow !

2)

look for seperate posts

I physically held the cordless router yesterday

EXCITED; really runs smooth, variable speed

one effect was at the lowest rpm the router was sent down on normal table

==> stood still ! , spindle was obviously turning, router itsself stood still !

b) aslo physically held the barrel grip dcs335, also niche

nned to find more time to write about it

==> has a"dust blower" , always on, no switch lie the dcs331

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@Big Adam and All

yes you are right

my mistake with posting the link

it is the new 2019 "big catalog"

as mentioned there is also the onsite brochure

it is NOT listed on web yet