Impact surge driver vs impact fuel driver

Tx_woodworker

I have the surge as well as gen 1, 2, and 3 fuel impact drivers.  Like Chris said the noise reduction is huge which makes it ideal for indoor and tight quarters work.  I would also agree on small fastners you get a lot of feel and control.  It's not going to be the tool for driving lag bolts.  While it maybe could do it, I wouldn't use it for high production work where you're driving hundreds of screws one after another.  Not sure if the self tapping mode is something you're interested in but I personally have never had much success using those modes on any impact.

20 minutes ago, Biggie said:

I have the surge as well as gen 1, 2, and 3 fuel impact drivers.  Like Chris said the noise reduction is huge which makes it ideal for indoor and tight quarters work.  I would also agree on small fastners you get a lot of feel and control.  It's not going to be the tool for driving lag bolts.  While it maybe could do it, I wouldn't use it for high production work where you're driving hundreds of screws one after another.  Not sure if the self tapping mode is something you're interested in but I personally have never had much success using those modes on any impact.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised in the power department but it is quiet which is great in the shop. Not a power house but I’ve had it for a while now and I do like it. My 887 is my go to when I’m screwing the bigguns but alas