Dewalt miter saw won’t work in the cold

Dave bolak

Working outside in -20 degree Celsius. My miter saw doesn’t want to fire up right away, it screeches and slowly turns for about ten seconds and sometimes starts to smoke before it starts spinning normally. It keeps working fine after that if I’m continually making cuts. The blade is stiff to turn by hand too before I get it going for the first time. All my other saws (skill saw, table saw etc.) work fine. Only have a problem with the miter saw.

Welcome to the forum.

Get out of Dodge, so the problem stays there and you get warm. It is highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 70s this week in southern Florida...

The saw lubrication has either degraded or is inappropriate for those cold temperatures.

When I relubricated my hole shooter the old grease was hard and the new OEM grease was great.

Ha. Move to New England. Few hurricanes, fewer tornadoes, the wildlife ain’t trying to kill you. The worse thing is the driving, but I’ve been to Florida and yeesh.... everything... EVERYTHING.... is trying to kill you! Plus...New England has...Tom Brady. Nuff said.

As far as the saw? Beats me bro, have you tried replacing the brushes in it? Also, welcome to the forums.