Bosch GSB 21-2 RCT drill for home use

lz1mak

Hello,
I have an idea to buy this impact drill for home use. 99% of the time I will drill holes 2.5mm to 6mm in metal. Also I want to use this drill like screwdriver  for screws /4mm-5mm/ in wood for 1% of the use.
I don't care about the weight of the machine because I will use it for 5-10 minutes per week maximum.

What do you think, is this drill compatible with my needs?

Thank you

impact-drill-gsb-21-2-rct-55552-55552.png

16 minutes ago, wingless said:

Overkill.

That hammer drill would be great for masonry.

Get a cordless impact driver for screws. Use that for drilling or get a cordless drill for drilling. 

Hello Wingless and thank you for the fast answer. I am looking for budget solution - one tool for both drill and screws, with a little bit extra power, just in case. I am not going to use the impact function for sure. Thanks again

From what you're describing I think you would be much happier with a drill/driver or hammer drill/driver.  Most of these are cordless and I would think both a 12v or 18v would have the power to drill and drive the sizes you're talking about.  The benefit to the "driver" mode of these drills is you can adjust the max torque to match the screw size so you don't break them.  I'm not sure if they make a corded drill/driver though so I don't know if thats a deal breaker for you.  But like Wingless said the impact drill you have listed is overkill and will not be very easy to use in your applications.

Welcome to the forum.

This DeWALT impact driver would be a good single tool for your drilling and screw driving usage.

An impact driver is vastly superior for driving screws in or out than a drill . With an impact driver the screw is driven w/ virtually zero damage to the head.

If going this route, get this tool as a kit, with the two batteries, charger and case. The cost to add these items afterwards to a bare tool is significantly more than the kit cost.

The linked Bosch MP500T carbide drill bit set and Milwaukee Shockwave drill bit set provide coverage in the drilling arena.

There are several bit holders that are part of my kit. My go to bit holder is this DeWALT DW2507. I like the insertion / ejection action.

No, this is not a drill. so it doesn't have the wide versitality of a drill, but for single tool, with the limited usage described by the OP, this is a very nice fit.