DCN682 Flooring Stapler

Trim guy

I tried using my DCN682 Flooring Stapler for the first time, owned it for a year now. 

Customer must have bought some real soft 3/8" engineered wood. (3/4 osb subfloor). It easily sends the 1-1/2"  staple 75% thru the board. Way too far.    

Using pneumatic Bostich 18 gauge 1-1/2" staples at the lowest air pressure, it  set them ok. 

Isn’t that a 20volt tool ... not pneumatic?

i have never used that stapler but, I’m guessing it has a depth adjustment.

I have never had any luck with the bostitch staples. I have a couple of 18 gauge flooring staplers and underlayment staplers. They both call for 18 gauge 1/4” crown staples.

The bostitch staples are 7/32” crown.

22 hours ago, Trim guy said:

Little clarification, I left out few helpful words: I tried using my DCN682 Flooring Stapler for the first time, owned it for a year now. 

Customer must have bought some real soft 3/8" engineered wood. (3/4 osb subfloor). It easily sends the 1-1/2"  staple 75% thru the board. Way too far.    

Using pneumatic Bostich 18 gauge Stapler, with 1-1/2" staples at the lowest air pressure (70-75), it  sets them ok. 

I have the Dewalt's depth as shallow as possible, and the foot adjusted to the flooring. I don't think I'm pushing too hard on it; I'm used to rapid/sequential mode and a quick nailing pace. 

20 hours ago, Trim guy said:

I have the Dewalt's depth as shallow as possible, and the foot adjusted to the flooring. I don't think I'm pushing too hard on it; I'm used to rapid/sequential mode and a quick nailing pace. 

That sucks what if you use a longer staple