Bauer #63439 jackhammer

Any experience with this? Need one for a small (5×7) concrete patio and 2 poured steps. Don't mind buying this being pretty inexpensive and would have it for not so frequent future demo projects. Goods and bad if y'all have experience please. Thanks!

The good is it really does hit hard as hell, probably some of the best electric performance I've ever seen (only thing better is pneumatic, but only just), but the design of the included bits depend on it having repercussion in order to keep hitting, once the concrete is fractured you no longer get any contact because it needs to bounce to make the next contact so you can't really clear out material with it. That's not a problem if you have a smaller sds hammer or a demolition digging bar to break out the fractured concrete once this thing does the initial fractures. 

The first one we had lasted a year, took it back to the store and they replaced it without question for a brand new one, for the money you can't compare the performance to the risk/reward. 

• Thanks 1

I have no problem spending a lot more on a tool if it's going to be used regularly, however, this will be used for this job then only on rare occasions after that so I can't justify $1500 or more for a Bosch, Hilton, etc. Thanks for the input guys.