Help with Ryobi trimmer model ELT1100a

Taurondir

Issue with with the head assembly to change the line. I can't get it unscrewed, it just "spins" loose, does not seem to be unscrewing from anything

Bunning still sells extra heads -- https://www.bunnings.co.nz/ryobi-line-trimmer-accessory-line-head-elt-plt_p00510075

but even if the head WAS a problem because of age or similar, how the HECK do I change it if I cant get it off? Well, answer is "smashing the plastic" but Id like to leave that as a last resort as I assume the problem is me not doing something right, not the head assembly.

Its old. Has not been used in 9? plus years. Bought by dad, and I got it off mum. Was in a closed Shed (protected from elements) but is technically "new". I think it was used for 2-3 months only before mum got something lighter as she was straining her arm.

The manual tells me the bottom knob should unscrew anti-clockwise but when I do I can see the whole shaft spinning so everything turns without the knob doing anything.

I keep thinking I am doing something stupid or missing something obvious. I try treating it like a safety cap and pushing it down and pulling a bit before spinning it, of course while holding the line holder still, but nothing.

Halp!

EDIT: I'm seeing basically the same problem as the one on this vid.

I actually tried the same thing even bofore seeing this, but I was not really applying a high level of force while doing it JUST IN CASE it was not the actual problem. If other people have done this, then I still would need to get better pliers to try it as I was just using some cheap needle nose ones and the shaft still seemed to be spinning. Again was NOT using massive amounts of force.

Marco.