kobalt one handed x craftsman 19.2

super55

• 4 weeks later...
Is 19.2v discontinued? I only see 20v for sale.

Well that’s a more complicated question being that Sears sold crafstman to SBD so the crafstman you would buy it Lowe’s is different than that from Sears. Sears sold the 19.2 which was replaced by a Sears 20v but is not compatible with the 20v max from Lowe’s.

Still following?

Sears holdings was slated to close early this year however they were revived by their shady investor/owner who is accused of running the company in the ground in order to put money in his pocket. Anywho the Sears remained open and is selling off NOS - new old stock - of Crafstman tools. You can still grab some 19.2 but it’s old tech which was hoped to be replace by the Sears Crafstman 20v.

So existing now is Sears Craftsman 19.2
Sears Crafstman 20v
Lowe’s/SBD Crafstman 20 Max

For the best shot of support, new tools and warranty I would not invest in the Sears Crafstman line of cordless tools

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, impactsocket said:

Kobalt is still present in store but most Kobalt tools will be sold online.

Well that’s too bad. Although I haven’t bought a damn thing from them I kinda like the idea of them thriving and growing into a bonafide rival to either Ryobi or Ridgid. Their range is narrow but their power tools are brushless and have pretty solid specs.