dewalt poweradaptor (flexvolt) 120V / Ryobi did it !

midogrumpy

hi

walking around in a HD

Ryobi powerdays to come soon

i stumbled over the Ryobi power adaptor 120V AC power source for the cordless tools

Dewalt "messed up " again

we have bben waiting so long for such an adaptor for the Dewalt flexvolt platform

(single adaptor)

really disappointed that dewalt did not launch yet; not even rumors

does nobody from dewalt product management read these forums ?

instead they bring a atomic tool line which nobody needs !

=====> what do you guys all think ???

cheers

4ce8cca8-bd9a-4de6-8534-62e1b024f8f5.jpg

• Like 1

No one should expect the power to be all that huge with these things (yet), regardless of who makes them. This could keep a laptop charged, or power a small boom box for a bit.

That being the case, I might pick one up anyway.

I bought that ryobi adapter..I still have some ryobi tools. .. @midogrumpy I'm with ya, atomic junk..no dewalt 2019 show, no flex adapter, no 10" mitresaw, 10" table saw, .no 20v upgrades to older tools...SBD is so focused on craftsman crap, they loose site of what's important to us...to them its about money..

.....I love my flex tools, for framing but batteries are ridiculous, Milwaukee gives the 12ah away with everything...

16 hours ago, Framer joe said:

I bought that ryobi adapter..I still have some ryobi tools. .. @midogrumpy I'm with ya, atomic junk..no dewalt 2019 show, no flex adapter, no 10" mitresaw, 10" table saw, .no 20v upgrades to older tools...SBD is so focused on craftsman crap, they loose site of what's important to us...to them its about money..

.....I love my flex tools, for framing but batteries are ridiculous, Milwaukee gives the 12ah away with everything...

i agree. 

craftsman is just a name. thats it. as of late, craftsman was just rebranded chinese tools.

stanley black and decker paid big for that name, but there is nothing behind it.  i'm not sure why stanley is wasting their time with that brand.  take lowes for example, they removed most stanley tools, just to rename them to craftsman, like there'd be a waiting line for people to buy them.  consumers arent stupid.

• Like 1

i agree. 
craftsman is just a name. thats it. as of late, craftsman was just rebranded chinese tools.
 stanley black and decker paid big for that name, but there is nothing behind it.  i'm not sure why stanley is wasting their time with that brand.  take lowes for example, they removed most stanley tools, just to rename them to craftsman, like there'd be a waiting line for people to buy them.  consumers arent stupid.
The idea is restoring the brand. Hence the new factory, and marketing. Crapsman from the past decade or two would not be worth a cent to any buyer. But craftsman, u.s. made, will certainly sell a hell of a lot better than most house brands and any sub professional lines out right now. Anything is just a name, but depending on SBD's execution, craftsman could very easily reclaim its past quality and its considerable market base that quality earned it. I don't understand why people feel the need to be a sourpuss about the brand. Best case, we get a great brand back and promote American jobs and production. Worst case, a deteriorated brand stays gone. Nothing SBD can do right now could make craftsman worse than it currently is. So unless Sears laid you off and stole your pension, you have a dead relative named craftsman who's memory you feel is being dishonored, or your purchaser/ warehouse has only buying you craftsman and its killing your bottom line/production, why all the poopy pants about the brand trying to come back? If you still have craftsman stock you're worried about, you've likely got bigger problems in your portfolio than that lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

@cory...its not what craftsman May become its what they are now..SBD shows no signs of making Craftsman tools in the USA ..every Lowes has large stock of Chinese made craftsman.with some Taiwan stuff ..but almost no USA made tools or power tools.....this thread got hijacked sorry..... @Pouet..its great news for ryobi users I don't think ryobi even has a USB charger..

28 minutes ago, Framer joe said:

@cory...its not what craftsman May become its what they are now..SBD shows no signs of making Craftsman tools in the USA ..every Lowes has large stock of Chinese made craftsman.with some Taiwan stuff ..but almost no USA made tools or power tools.....this thread got hijacked sorry..... @Pouet..its great news for ryobi users I don't think ryobi even has a USB charger..

They just announced this, so I would say they are interested in making it an American brand again.

https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/article/stanley-black-decker-announces-opening-new-craftsman-plant-fort-worth-texas

• Like 1

Let's be clear why Craftsman brand will NEVER be what it once was. At one time it wasn't just American made. It was the Sears house brand that competed with Dewalt head on. That's the problem. What you all want is a red and black Dewalt tool just like it used to be. So then instead of buying the premium Dewalt tool, you will buy the less expensive but otherwise identical red and black colored Dewalt tool. Otherwise it's just another budget brand like Stanley, Black and Decker, Bosch, Kobalt, etc. SBD isn't going to sell a competitor that will cannibalize the premium brand. That's stupid and would cost them profits. So they don't.

Lowe's would be better off approaching Apex to make USA made Kobalt branded premium grade tools to offer an alternative to Dewalt. In fact Apex has the old factories and has the drawings to do just that because guess who made the premium stuff everybody is asking for? Logistically it makes sense too because guess where Lowe's HQ is at? Charlotte. And Apex is in...Apex, NC, just a couple hours away. But the Craftsman plants were scattered all over the piedmont. But doing so would seriously torque off SBD or hopefully goad them into plowing money back into Dewalt again. Sort of like when you go to HD and you can get yellow, red, blue, green, or orange brands. I actually think HD has the opposite problem...too many brands especially with three premium brands and many more budget brands I didn't mention.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

But Lowe's isn't doing that. And sbd IS building craftsman, so I'm still unclear on the dug-in spite of craftsman. And this is the first I've heard craftsman considered a direct competitor of dewalt, and it obviously won't become one. There's something positive happening with a well known legacy brand, and some people are just bitter for... reasons? All I'm saying.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk