Right Angle Corded Drill

rvs053063

This week I used the older model red Milwaukee close quarter angle corded drill to clean a couple of rusted statues with a wire wheel. It was the older model with the flappy switch. It said Heavy Duty on it so I expected that it would last forever. I hadn't used it much before this week. It died about 90% through the project. I think what died was the speed switch electronics gizmo inside. I had to finish up with my large ancient corded regular drill. I really like the angle on it which I think is superior to the other 90 degree right angle drills out there. I have looked at the newer model of this drill with the larger switch, however I am concerned that it also won't last. The newer model can be found here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MILWAUKEE-0370-20-Right-Angle-Drill-3-8-In-1300-RPM-3-5-A/222276486505?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

So two questions. 1) does anyone know if Milwaukee improved the design of the current model? and 2) does anyone know of any other manufacturers of a corded 45 degree close quarter drill? There is a no name one on Amazon just like the one that died. I'll be staying away from that one. Thanks for your input.

Dewalt and Hitachi also have them. The concensus is generally that cordless tools are better quality than corded now because of the research and competition. In the last 15 years the major companies shave damped their money into cordless and largely neglected many corded tools. So I would suggest buying a cordless one. If you are set on a corded one just search "right angle drill" at home depot or you can even pick up the Harbor Freight corded knee which I think is around 30 bucks.

I have had the corded Makita for years. DeWalt made one too, but they are not as compact as yours. The Milwaukee looks like a knockoff ot the Sioux that is/was available corded or air powered. They are top quality but not cheap.I see they have a battery one now but it is just a stubby and not that small. I see there is a generic Chinese copy of the corded Sioux/Milwaukee on ebay for under 50 bucks.Not a reccomendation. Have you checked the brushes on your Milwaukee? They may have just worn down. Speed control triggers are not that big a deal to replace. A bigger trigger handle is no proof of better durability. The big handle still operates the same little electronics inside. Sioux is a SnapOn company.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...