Lack of high output batteries

glass

Hey Makita. Maybe you do not care. I own many Makita tools. It’s my go to brand but... if you do not come out with high output batteries I am gone. To another brand that has high output batteries. So get off your ass and stop coming out with tools and drop everything and come out with batteries with heuovos   

• Like 1

They do need to make some forward progress on this. In my book it wouldn’t take much. With X2 out there they don’t at all need 12Ah batteries. But a number of their single-battery tools would benefit from say 8 or 9Ah units. I really think they should take that step.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PNWtooljunkie said:

What makita tools are you using that require high output batteries? I assume you have several of the X2 tools with 6ah batteries?

Every single battery tool apart from the impact drivers need high output batteries.

What job do you do so that you ask that question?

Only DIY ? Of coarse you do not need high output batteries for DIY and light duty jobs. 

But as a PRO I and many othe need them, and need them badly for many Years now.

It you do not need them, fine. But please, do not patronize people who ask for ones.   

X 2 blower and chain saw are killers. But all tools would help. I have only one 6 amp battery they are expensive and hard to find. They also add little benefit as they are the same size cell. And yes no need for giant 12 amp batteries. But how about 3, 6, 9 or even just 4 and 8. Go the Bosch route. I like the Bosch batteries but their cordless has been lacking but catching up. Hitachi has a lot more proving to do after becoming the cheap crap brand of Lowe’s for years. Looks like at nps19 Milwaukee is making a push but years ago I had way too many failures with them. Investing more in Dewalt, well... I am still sore about what they did to elu. They continue to lower the quality of the dw625 and 621(only 2 of the best routers ever made) and offer no new accessories for them. They actually discontinued the dw615 which is better than the Festool of1010 if they just made some dc for it and other attachments. But there is more profit in selling that new cordless router(It’s good but I just cannot stand that the ring on the body where one naturally grips it always turns). Oh man I am in some mood ☠️

I don’t know how prices go outside the US, but in the States, 3Ah and 5Ah are the value propositions. Besides simply being better values for the dollar out of the gate, they are the ones that go on all the sales and come in all the combos. It’s such a huge disparity I don’t know why anyone would buy either 4 or 6 at all. The 6Ah costs essentially twice as much as the 5Ah sans any discounts. The disparity doubles to 4 times when the sales go on. On top of everything else a decent number of people note the 6Ah doesn’t even seem to have as much “burst” as the 5Ah.

Unless they’re on the verge of a pricing breakthrough no one knows about, I think they should discontinue the 4 and 6Ah units. Then adopt a spread of their range that loosely follows the golden ratio. Release an 8Ah that doesn’t price-gouge buyers. If it comes to make sense to release something after that, make it 12Ah. Unlikely to think they’ll need a 20Ah after that, but that would be the next step.