Dewalt Xtreme 12v Line

JakeDewalt

Link

TOWSON, MD (June 5, 2019) – DEWALT announces the XTREME Subcompact Series™ tools, a line of five compact and performance-packed brushless 12V MAX* tools. The new line offers powerful, ergonomic solutions for a variety of applications including electrical, drywall, remodeling, automotive, metalworking, woodworking, and masonry applications.

The new XTREME Subcompact Series™ tools from DEWALT include the Brushless 12V MAX* Drill/Driver, the Brushless 12V MAX* Impact Driver, the Brushless 12V MAX* Screwdriver, the Brushless 12V MAX* 3/8-inch Impact Wrench, and the Brushless 12V MAX* Hammerdrill. Specific details about each tool as well as a complete list of products is included below:

• The 12V MAX* Brushless Drill/Driver (DCD701) is optimized for use in small pilot holes and can handle up to a 1/2-inch spade bit. The tool is 5.97 inches long and 1.91 pounds (tool-only). It’s lightweight and fits in tight places. It offers up to 250 UWO (Units Watts Out), a variable speed trigger, and 2-speed transmission. A belt clip and a bright LED are included on the tool’s foot.
  • The 12V MAX* Brushless Impact Driver (DCF801) works well with small fasteners and can handle up to a 1/4-inch lag bolt. The tool is 5.05 inches long and 1.75 pounds (tool only). It achieves up to 1,450 in-lbs. of max torque, making it a powerful, subcompact choice. The impact driver features 3 modes: High Speed, Low Speed, and Precision Drive™ Mode. Precision Drive™ Mode can pause the Impact Driver for one second before impacting. This protects the fastener and material surface, providing users with control during applications that require a high level of precision. The tool includes three LEDs on the nosecone, a variable speed trigger, and a belt clip.
  • The 12V MAX* Brushless Screwdriver (DCF601) is best used with hard-to-reach fasteners that need the control of its 15-setting clutch. The tool is 4.81-inches long, 1.5 pounds (tool only), yet is capable of up to 200 UWO of power. It features a belt clip and three LEDs on the nosecone.
  • The 12V MAX* 3/8-inch Brushless Impact Wrench (DCF902) with a Hog Ring Anvil is designed for hard-to-reach nuts and bolts. The tool is 5.11 inches long and 1.73 pounds (tool only), achieving up to 1,500 in-lbs. of max fastening torque and 2,400 in-lbs. of breakaway torque. It features a variable speed trigger and has 3 modes: High Speed, Low Speed, and Precision Wrench™ Mode. The Precision Wrench™ Mode helps prevent overtightening and run-off. The Impact Wrench also features three LEDs on the nosecone to help illuminate work areas.
  • The 12V MAX* Brushless Hammerdrill (DCD706) is optimized for creating variety of holes in brick and block, but can also tackle smaller holes in concrete. The tool is 6.6 inches long and 2.04 pounds (tool-only). It’s subcompact, lightweight, and fits in tight places. It offers up to 250 UWO, 25,500 BPM, a variable speed trigger, and a 2-speed transmission. A belt clip and LED are included on the tool’s foot.

In addition to the efficiency and performance offered by brushless technology in the XTREME Subcompact Series™ tools, the 12V MAX* lithium ion battery included with each tool kit now features a Fuel Gauge charge indicator. With a quick button press, three LEDs display remaining battery charge. The 12V MAX 2.0Ah Battery (DCB122) is included in kits, and the 12V MAX 3.0Ah Battery (DCB124) is available separately in single and double packs. DEWALT 12V MAX* Batteries with Fuel Gauge are compatible with prior DEWALT 12V MAX* tools and chargers and come with a 2-year limited warranty.

For professionals looking for capable, subcompact tools that perform tough applications in hard to reach spaces, the XTREME Subcompact Series™ tools are the ultimate choice. Available in summer 2019, each tool comes with a three-year limited warranty, one-year free service contract, and a 90-day money back guarantee.

• Like 2

There's some concern on the verbiage about the drill/driver's capacity for a "half inch spade bit," and I'm really hoping it's a mistake instead of saying it can chuck a half inch bit. If the EU nm specs I saw posted somewhere, were remotely accurate, then these 12v XRs are more capable than the current gen 2 fuel m12s. To boot, the marketing imagery for the drill shows it using a spade much larger than a half inch.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well I was hoping milwaukee would put a 3/8" anvil on the gen 2 m12 impact driver, stubbys are great but too fat for my daily use, but after nps19 I see I'll have to wait an other year for that.  I was kind of eyeing up the new makita 12v brushless impact wrench but this new 12v dewalt impact wrench might have just taken the lead in satisfying my impact wrench obsession.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 9:18 PM, Corey said:

There's some concern on the verbiage about the drill/driver's capacity for a "half inch spade bit," and I'm really hoping it's a mistake instead of saying it can chuck a half inch bit. If the EU nm specs I saw posted somewhere, were remotely accurate, then these 12v XRs are more capable than the current gen 2 fuel m12s. To boot, the marketing imagery for the drill shows it using a spade much larger than a half inch.

Probably something like that for legal purposes etc I'm not worried

• 3 weeks later...

Lowes and Acme tools have the 12v xtreme line up on their websites.  They aren't in stock but they both say they're expected to be in the the next week or so.  Kits are a little better than originally listed as they come with two batteries and although they're not the new 3.0, they are a 2.0 with a battery status gauge which I believe is new.

I got my impact wrench from acme tool today.  It's nice, light weight and compact but the mode settings on it drive me crazy.  The low setting is still full power in reverse.  They do the same stupid thing on the dcf894.  Why bother having a low and high if the speed are the same. 

Another strange thing happened when I went to charge the batteries out of the box.  I used the supplied dcb112 and a dcb115 charger I had.  Both batteries had one bar on the charge indicator but when i put them on the chargers they went straight to a solid red light like they were done charging.  I tried wiggling the battery on the charger to make sure they were getting a good connection but it wasn't until I took them off the chargers and put them back on that the red light started to flash and they took a charge.  I'm not really worried about this it's just funny that two different chargers both did the same thing with two different batteries.

New batteries often act like they have a charge when they don't. That's why the instructions usually say to charge them for several hours (overnight) before the first use. It might look "full" but it's not. And if the battery is super low charge you run the risk of cell reversal with full charging current. This is where for some reason one of the cells (1.4 V each) suddenly and permanently reverses poparity. The safest way to charge truly dead batteries is trickle charging. Maybe if it sees under a certain voltage the charger goes straight to trickle mode which would be a steady light.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Just a heads up the xtreme line just took a pretty big price drop.  All the single tool kits are $99 at acme and lowes.  The drill and Impact driver kit went from $199 to $149 at acme and $169 at lowes.  Kind of sucks I thought 15% off $149 on the impact wrench kit was a good deal and now it's $99.  I don't need anymore tools but these seem like some great deals.  Looks like dewalt is trying to stimulate some new 12v sales.

• 1 month later...

Can anyone tell me how precision mode is supposed to operate? Day one after receiving my impact and drill, the impact took a 30 foot drop to a concrete from a manbasket. Seems like my 90° adapter took the brunt of the impact, it's bent up pretty bad, but I expected speed one to behave like the same speed on my dcf887. Instead if I pull the trigger with just the impact in the air, it seems to run for a couple seconds, stop, then start back up with a little more power. Is this abnormal, and should I get a replacement coming?

Opened it up, troubleshooting, and everything looks pretty pristine with no apparent damage. Seems to me that the resistance detection for precision mode is activating even with no load. I'll check into the anvil housing to see if maybe something dented and is actually causing resistance.