New ToughSystem Radio (ToughSystem Music 2)

muddychip

T-stak system is cheaper than toughsystem. The boxes (LxW) are smaller. The seals aren't quite as substantial. And if you have the mounts for it Toughsystem can be more like a drawer system where T-Stak is a stack so to get to the bottom box you have to move the others.

But I didn't spend $300+ on the dolly. I just have the bottom box/dolly which is under $100 so personally I stack say a drill, impact wrench and sockets, maybe a parts organizer, a tote bin, and put my general use tool bag in the bin along with job related materials and wheel the whole thing to the job site. The bottom box has multiple bags of items like wire nuts, cable ties, a very full splice and termination bag (I do high voltage work), rubber lineman gloves, pry bars, files, extension cord, and charger. It's like having half my truck with me saving about 4 trips. The bottom box is also a bench seat and if you put a couple boxes back on top, a work bench.

As far as the seals go Toughsystem looks at home with an excavation contractor where T-Stak looks like it's meant for inside guys...both keep your tools dry and latches and hinges probably break just as easy but Toughsystem is going to be a little more abuse tolerant.

I did consider the Milwaukee Packout when I jumped into Toughsystem. But there were three problems with it. First it was very expensive and not competitive at all when it came out. That has changed. Second it was rare even online. I even thought twice about Toughsystem for that reason alone. HD only had it in clearance aisles in Raleigh. But even Toughsystem is somewhat rare and the HDs in Raleigh don't carry it now. Instead they are overloaded with the crappy house brand version and T-Stak. As usual Lowe's is pathetic with only T-Stak and only recently in Craftsman badging and neither Toughsystem nor Packout. That should tell you what SBD themselves thinks of T-Stak...its so it can color coordinate tool boxes when it sits in the garage and holds tools that never get worn. A few Northerns now carry about half of the Packout stuff in their bigger stores. Third the bumpers on Packout make the boxes very small inside relatively speaking. What I like is the bags connect too (no tote solution needed) and they have half size boxes although the compartments in them look very limited. Packout has potential where SBD has largely dropped the ball on new stuff for Toughsystem and allowed the marketing to slip to the point that it's a mail order thing at best now at least across most of the Carolinas and Virginia, on a system that I think still kicks you know what when it comes right down to it on all of them. So I might have to shell out for Packout if SBD continues to try to kill it off.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk