Dewalt DW744 Motor Problems

Rgobell

Greetings all,

I have a well used Dewalt DW744 job site table that has some motor issues. The problems started with a strong hot/burning smell coming from the motor during use.  I thought the problem was related to bad brushes so I replaced them. The motor worked well for awhile after new ones were installed nbut the burnt electric smell never went away.  Recently the motor started to slow down and smoke started coming from the motor. 

I’m not sure what my next step should be and I would greatly appreciate ideas. Would it be worth replacing the arbor? I’ve attached a picture showing some gouges in it. Is this normal?  Could this be the root of my problem?

i greatly appreciate any insight. 

62B38A60-C026-4D2C-93EC-2C4BCF7F78DF.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same thing happened to me. I replaced the brushes went really good for about a week then started running half power. Lights in workshop started flickering when saw turned on. Took new brushes out and they chipped. Now apparently you can't get parts for my saw anymore apart from the brushes