Need help with grass trimmer

Charlotte J.

Last fall after we moved here (Kwethluk) I bought a Stihl trimmer from the local guy. He showed me how to use it and sold me the nylon line for it (Stihl "Premium Quality Trimmer Line, .080/2.0 mm).

I can now start the trimmer without much trouble, and I am getting better at bumping it to feed the line, so I'm making progress. But I spend a lot of time messing with the line. Sometimes it melts onto itself or onto the plastic spool, then won't feed. It breaks far too often. It gets caught beneath itself in the spool. How can I better manage the line? Is there a better brand? I already keep it out of the sun and in the garage (cool), not the hot shed, and I don't put much on the spool at one time.

Also, when I put the spool on the trimmer, how tight should I tighten the cap thing? I don't make it tight, because it needs to move when bumped - but how much should it be able to be moved?

I am also thinking about buying a new lawn mower, as I am tired of this old one. I recently ordered a new gas grass trimmer HUSQVARNA from online shop but never received it due to delivery problems.

• Like 1

If you still decided to buy a new one, then I can advise you something. With the advent of summer, as the owner of a personal cottage I started thinking about how to put in order my lawn, which is an important component of landscape design for me. And the best solution that I came across was to buy a lawn grass trimmer gas. However, making the right choice with all the variety of models and brands was not so easy. In the market, such trimmers are represented by a rich assortment. However, given the cost of equipment of this class, I did not want to make mistakes with a choice. After analyzing a number of different models, I found a rating of the best gas trimmers for gardening, based on user experience. As practice shows, the opinion that “quality costs a lot of money” is just a myth. Modern production technologies and the experience of engineers allow to develop and manufacture excellent tools of all price categories. Thus, everyone will be able to choose a good gas trimmer for seasonal work, taking into account all your wishes.