Matrix Carbide Bits Already Discontinued

Jronman

Milwaukee's new Matrix Carbide bits they just released this year that are supposed to provide superior wear resistance in high wear screw driving applications, have been discontinued. Milwaukee claimed they were not a one size fits all kind of bit. They were designed for a very specific application and users thought they could use them for general purpose screw driving. Apparently there were lots of issues with bit breakage.

It's hard to believe that they could make it to market.  You would think somewhere along the line in testing they would have seen failures.  I never bought any but they were supposed to be super special steel designed for use in impacts or drills.  I never saw anything in the descriptions saying they were specialized for a specific application.  Sounds to me like the engineers only tested them in specific applications and then marketing marketed them as a do everything bit.  Now they're trying to blame it on the consumer...

• Like 1

its a failed product . was marketed as super strong bit . in reality was breaking badly .

stupid graphs on the back of the package show this super bit better than wera or wiha bits - what a joke . 

same for shockwave bits , the show graphs of wear better then competitors - lie . 

reality is , milwaukee bits suck ! 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...