Milwaukee gen 3 Drills

Joey

• 3 months later...

Maybe he means feather the trigger? I see some guys do it with their impacts Instead of holding the trigger until the screw is close to being set they alternate between on and off of the trigger until the screw is set. I'm not a fan of this method. It wears out the trigger quicker and takes longer to set a screw in some cases.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:11 PM, Jronman said:

Maybe he means feather the trigger? I see some guys do it with their impacts Instead of holding the trigger until the screw is close to being set they alternate between on and off of the trigger until the screw is set. I'm not a fan of this method. It wears out the trigger quicker and takes longer to set a screw in some cases.

I don't think "Spamming" the trigger is remotely the same as feathering, just my opinion, I was tending to think this meant zero to full speed repeatedly, though for the life of me I am not sure why you would ever need to do that. I believe this term is derived from video games having done a quick google search but how it would ever relate to real world equipment is beyond me and a sure indicator of lack of knowledge likely on the part of the operator, though I mean no harm, everyone doesn't know everything...secondly I suppose there are some that tend to grip the trigger very hard even after achieving full speed and they are plastic it could be use of excessive force that's contributing to the failures only he seems to be having.

Could have possibly meant to type "slam"? I have the gen 3 drill driver 2803, it was pre ordered and I've never had that particular issue.  But sometimes when switching from forward to reverse the drill will still spin forward after the switch is flipped to reverse.  Where this can be a problem is when you're drilling into metal and get stuck so you throw it into reverse to back it out and it still goes forward ripping the drill out of your hands. If you release the trigger and hit it a second time it will then spin in reverse.  It just catches you off guard.  What I think is happening is I'm not fully releasing the trigger but it's enough that the mechanical switch can be flipped but the electronics aren't switching.  I've never experienced this with the gen1 or gen2 drills though.

I have had zero issues with my gen3 drill/ impact. I use them all the time.
I just recently s used the drill on the hammer mode for the first time ...it works just as good my big corded Dewalt hammer drill.

Almost me too. Chuck is locking up and basically worn out. Ordered a new chuck, Rohm same as Dewalt, Makita, etc., but in goofy Milwaukee 9/16-18 thread. Hopefully this one will outlast because the one thing that sucks about it is the chuck. Will be changing it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk