Dexter

Looking for alternative career options!!

I am working in a warehouse, and it is horrible. I can hardly rest and has to be on duty 24x7. They pay a lot, but the workload is way more than I thought. I desperately need a job change! I have been reading a lot of other possible job prospects. One that has caught my attention is being a security guard. Although it pays less, it sounds more manageable, at least better than a warehouse worker. Some of the posts let you sit around behind a desk and can even use cellphones. I am not that lazy, but I could take a break from the hard labor I have been doing for the past few years. Do you guys have any experience with security companies? I have researched a few companies that provide security jobs in Toronto. Are those jobs reliable? I heard it is difficult to get a security license, but these companies have promised to provide us with one. What are your views on this one?

1. There is a big difference between a security clearance such as for a military post or a prison and say security guard for a warehouse.

2. The best thing about security guards is if you combine it with going to school for an even better job. The security jobs that are slow enough give you plenty of time to “pass the time”. In other words studying for college!

3. Stop wasting your time aiming low. Think about what you want to do long term and work towards that goal. High paying jobs are the ones that are low in supply like require special skills or credentials. There is a big reason lawyers and doctors make lots of money and it’s not working harder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@Dexter Lawn care is the way to go. While it is still manual labor you are your own boss and you get to pick the amount of workload you want to take on as long as you are doing a good job and receiving customers. Another benefit is the pay is decent and it is reasonably easy to start. You just need a mower, blower, trimmer, and a means to get customers. A trailer and a pickup would also be a good idea. I have heard the real money comes from the extra services like laying mulch, pruning bushes, etc.