What would you pick? 2 2ah or one new 3ah?

07Sierra

Thinking of picking up another battery and can get 2 2ah batteries in a pack or the 3ah and a charger for about the same price... Wondering what the better choice would be, leaning toward the 3ah and selling the charger after since I have 4 already. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 07Sierra said:

I'm just a diy guy... And I have 1 4ah, 4 5ah, 1 6ah and 1 1.5ah... I'd like to have a smaller compact that's more useful then the old 1.5 ah from 2012 lol

Same here Chris, diy that is. I will say the 3.0 is wider and they do make belt clips that’ll fit them in. Whereas you already have backups I’d try the 3.0 , the use a larger high cap cell and work in my nailers really well.

13 hours ago, Jronman said:

I would go with the 2ah. Smaller and lighter than the 3ah. 99% of the time the 2ah is adequate for the job.

I agree; older technology, perhaps, but tried and true, and with a second battery to use while the other is charging.  I don't (think) I have any of DeWalt's 3Ah batteries, but I do have a Ridgid or two that seem to be similar in size and such.  For my needs, the 2Ah batteries are perfect for smaller tools, while saws, vacuums, and other higher-demand tools use a 5Ah or larger.

• 2 weeks later...