Looking for a Quality LED kit for my mower

Jronman

I am looking to instal some kind of quality light bar(s) onto my mower. Not sure if I want two smaller ones mounted onto the side or have one large mounted on the center (maybe near my feet or above my head) The mower is a Scag Tiger Cub 48 Zero Turn Rider. It currently has a 2 pin SAE connector on it which is not ideal for led bars but I can buy an adapter to work with the Deutsch DT connector which from my research seems to be the standard connector for LED light bars. I can easily buy a kit from Scag but I can't find one that is LED even though there is supposedly a LED kit available that works with most models built after 2002 and mine is a 2006. The ones I found were Halogen which would not be very bright. Ideally I want something quality like a Rigid but the price seems a bit high. I am not familiar with any other reputable brands of LED light bar brands. I do know of Cree and Osram that make the LED chips. From my research the Cree had a better flood but the Osram had a better spot. I would probably preffer the flood over the spot when using the mower so the Cree seems like the better option. I'm not sure about the ones off of Amazon and other sites. I have heard good things and bad, mostly bad. I'd like to trust the videos on the Amazon no name brands but most of them are not reviewing them after long term use. Just your typical install and first impression.

@JimboS1ice @ChrisK @Dan - TIA @Eric - TIA

I added lights to my Scag 52" Tiger Cat (2015). I used lights from Rough Country. I think I paid $150. The lights are 2 smaller ones. I did have to add angle brackets to make them work. The kit included the wiring harness with a separate fuse, and on/off button. I think they put out 2600 lumens each. They do a nice job of lighting up the path I'm going. The Scag kit I think is around $200 or more. 

If you would like more pics just ask

20191013_212409.jpg

20191013_212446.jpg

Edited by Jrhky36
Added notification

@Jrhky36 I like where you put them except it is not very practical for my situation. I have counter weights for my bagging system installed on the front and in the winter where I expect to use them the most, I will have a snow blade on the front. I could maybe have a custom mount built for the front to raise them above the snow blade. I could also rear mount but it would probably require buying the rollbar or having a custom mount built. Side mount would probably be the easiest option but more limiting on my size options because I wouldn't want them sticking out past the widest point of the mower. 

Have the lights you went with been reliable with long term use? What connector did you have to go with? The Deutsch DT? The 2 way SAE?

Just by going off the price the Rough Country lights should be higher quality than the ones off of Amazon. As an example I could go with a 100 different no name brands off of Amazon and get a 20 in for $40 or go with a 10 in Rough Country for $100-$200. It is priced between the Rigid and the Amazon ones.

I have had no problems with the lights. They are wired directly to the battery. With an in line fuse. I had originally planned to remove them in the summer as I have more daylight to work, but never got around to it. I chose that location because it worked best for me. I don't use it in the winter. 

A thought here, do you take the weights off when you put the blade on it? 

You could some kind of Mount to raise up from the weight mount points

59 minutes ago, Jrhky36 said:

I have had no problems with the lights. They are wired directly to the battery. With an in line fuse. I had originally planned to remove them in the summer as I have more daylight to work, but never got around to it. I chose that location because it worked best for me. I don't use it in the winter. 

A thought here, do you take the weights off when you put the blade on it? 

You could some kind of Mount to raise up from the weight mount points

I'm not sure how the blade will be mounted. I have not installed a blade before. I was going to have my mower mechanic install the blade.I may see if he has any good ideas for mounting lights.