Brushless planer with AWS appears to be on the way

ToolBane

I like a lot of what I’m seeing with the new products coming about. Although the order they’re arriving in is a little funny. Awesome as a brushless planar is, I think there’s a lot more noise from people wanting brushless versions of the multitool and orbital sander.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:59 PM, Jjwillac said:

Absolutely on the brushless multitool.  I'd actually like to see two brushless multitools: a full-sized beast similar to the current brushed version and a sub-compact.

basically a Starlock Max variant and a Starlock Plus variant?

The current LXT multitool is definitely clunky. Even if that’s the norm for the industry. Makita has been excelling at making tools ergonomically sensible, and this just seems like a natural best next step. I guess they likely have a team working on it but it’s probably no small technical challenge.

• 2 months later...

Nice comparison tests. The torque adjustment struck me as easily discernible. Although it slowed more than expected under light load, as you pushed it harder the degree of slowing down didn’t increase until much heavier loading.

I picked up the brushed model about a year ago and then saw this on getting released and wondered if I would be lamenting not having it, even though this is not a tool I need often. I’m impressed with it but not dissatisfied just sticking with the older model I have.

• Like 1