• Cresent.jpg

Jjwillac

New MX Fuel platform

Milwaukee announced MX Fuel, a new cordless platform for light equipment.  They are starting out with a power supply, 14" cut-off saw, breaker, core drill, tower light, and drum snake.  The batteries are ginormous, but the goal is to power light industrial equipment, which they are going to great lengths to distinguish from cordless power tools. Thoughts? What would people like to see on a cordless "light equipment" platform?

https://www.protoolreviews.com/news/milwaukee-mx-fuel-equipment-batteries/50750/

Don’t even want to know what the sticker says on a pack that has 40 3000mah 21700 cells in it lol. 

This makes way more sense than flexvolt or other boat anchor batteries that are supposed to also power impacts etc.

Smart.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

EGOs 56 V batteries work good with outdoor power equipment.

I’ve used 8D batteries on boats, dozers, fire trucks, generators, you name it. Very reasonable price. I know they weigh 120 lbs but if my scrawny 180 lb butt can lug them from pickup to dock to work boat to dredge, they are plenty portable and don’t cost megabucks for lithium ion.

Several vendors have pre-orders posted.  Looks like the CP pack is $350 and the XC is $600.  Light is $3,000 and no price for the power supply. The CP battery is about 6lbs and the XC around 11lbs.

@Jjwillac The power supply and light are not coming at launch.

On 10/31/2019 at 4:07 PM, Bremon said:

Don’t even want to know what the sticker says on a pack that has 40 3000mah 21700 cells in it lol. 

The cheapest tool kit is $2000

This is total pro grade stuff. It was funny reading the Milwaukee FB group and guys angry that have really no use for it anyways not being able to afford it.

• Like 1

Yep these tools are definitely another step above your 36v and 60v tools pricing wise.  There aren't too many 18v tools I cant "justify" buying if I want to as a construction company owner but these mx fuels are expensive enough you're going to have to have a specific need to be buying these.

i am a small time contractor in upsate ny. i myself would not have any use for these tools, but love to see this kind of technology come out. these tools are geared toward the mega size construction jobs where i can see these tools being popular. its a small cost for them. these tools are a whole new animal and a whole new battery platform makes alot of sense to me

• Like 1

It is nice and all but another battery platform from the company who said would use one battery for all your tools. Milwaukee  said they wouldn't need higher voltage or tools powered by two batteries. 

On 11/6/2019 at 7:00 PM, JMosher said:

I’m not sure about the power supply since most tools are cordless now?

m18/m12 battery chargers.

• Like 2

Will be interesting to try these. As I said a while ago, 18v doesn't cut it. I couldn't even use my M18 grinder the other day without both the 12 and 9ah batteries cutting out after a few minutes of heavy cuttibg rendering the tool useless until they cooled down. My Flexvolt, Husqvarna and metabo never have this problem. Interested to see dewalts response to this. Those packs are huge though!