M18 2720 sawzall trigger problem?

fourbarrel327

I bought this sawzall used and the first time I used it it worked as it should've but the next time I went to cut something it cut for a few seconds and then stopped,then would start and stop sporadically and now the led is flashing a diagnostic code of 4 flashes.I've read about Milwaukee trigger issues and this sounds like it might fall into that category but I can't find any information about the fault codes. What's the general consensus?

First thing I would do is check the build date.  It doesn't matter if you bought it used if it's less than 5 years old from the build date you should be able to warranty it through Milwaukee's e-service.  If it's not under warranty most of your tool parts places like e-replacement.com sell complete electronic assemblies, which have your switch and electronic components all pre-wired together.  The bad thing is the assembly is usually pretty spendy and gets you close to the price of a new out of box tool on ebay, which at that point is it really worth putting that much money into a used tool.  If you're really electronically inclined you may be able to source individual components but if you were I'm guessing you wouldn't be on here asking.