Makita 12v CXT

spinningreel

Own several of the 12v tools, Just ordered the Brushless Jigsaw (VJ06Z).   Considered getting the 18v jigsaw ($259), but just couldn't see any benefit over the 12v brushless.   Its not like your ripping 2x framing  material with a jigsaw, usually jigsaw work is more about precision rather that brute force type work.  I already have a couple of the 4.0 amp hour 12v batteries which are a big plus.   

After recently switching to Makita from Dewalt, these 12v lineup of tools/batteries are very impressive.   I have the brushless Impact driver & Compact drill, those 12v tools are sweet, so much power and so compact.  

For most of my tasks around the house I always prefer to reach for my 12v tools over my 18v tools for Most things.  But I do have several of Makita 18v tools also for those specific tasks.  

Really hope Makita continues to support and expand the 12v CXT tools.  Dewalt's 12v lineup was weak compared to Makita.  

• Like 1