DeWalt Flexvolt Extractor - A couple of dumb questions...

Moze

Ok, I know this will obviously suck up drywall dust. But it's marketed for concrete dust and there's virtually no mention of it being used for drywall dust, which I would definitely want to use it for. Any negatives to using it for this in addition to concrete dust?

In regards to the fleece bags....are those supposed to be disposable? I haven't seen a pic showing that they can be emptied. And I don't imagine the intent is to shake all of the dust out the hole it came through lol....

@Moze I don't see why it wouldn't work. It has autoclean and a reasonably good amount of suction. The osha rule of thumb is 25 cfm per diameter of tool. I think there are other rules and exemptions depending on the vac, material being suctioned, and location. I would imagine for a little drywall you will be fine. You could maybe look into osha requirements to figure out if the tasks you will use the vac for are compliant. If there is no information on the flexvolt vac, you could contact osha themselves to see what they say.

I regards to the fleece bags are they filter bags or are they for storing material? Some smaller vacs come with a filter bag that covers the opening where a regular rigid filter could go. If they are filters then I would recommend getting a regular rigid filter. they tend to work better in my opinion. if the bag is intended for storing the material you vac up then it is probably disposable unless it specifically says it is reusable. The vac I have has bags that are intended to be disposable/one time use but I can buy a model that can be used more than once. I don't know if the DeWALT is the same way.

I have the flexvolt extractor, works well with drywall dust and does good when you throw it on the table saw and miter saw even the planer works great with the extractor, i don't think the bags filter but they keep the inside and filters  really clean you could empty them if you wanted but it would be a mess and you would probably only get a couple uses out of them before the cardboard lock gave out

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, method said:

I am looking at one of these but imagine like all vacs I've ever had, the filters will clog without hepa bags when using a drywall sander or vacuuming up lots of plaster dust? 

It really depends on the vac. All will clog eventually but some perform better than others when they have dirty filter.

• 3 weeks later...

I went out and bought one. Great machine, it kept up with my Porter Cable drywall sander. Not as powerful as my 60l shop vac but so much more portable! 

One question, how on Earth do you disable the low battery / flow alarm? Flicking between the two hose sizes, I notice no difference in suction? Sometimes even with the right size hose, it still beeps depending on the tool which is annoying as hell 😕

• 1 year later...

I have a huge beef with Dewalt after owning this vac for so long. How in the actual hell can I not buy the bag that shipped with the unit?! Nothing for the other vac's fits worth a damn, folding materials to the point of failure just to close the lid. WHAT THE *UCK.