Making a 6343D Drill Replacement Battery Question

BWCASuby

Hi, 

I have an older 18V Makita 6343D drill that I need a replacement battery for. In the past, after ordering a couple different brands, and having two rebuilt, the only one worth it was from a manufacturer called Nuon. Apparently, Nuon does not make the battery pack for that drill anymore. Even the grey Makita replacement battery that was about $50 only lasted about a month before not holding a charge for very long. I also had two rebuilt, and those only lasted a few months before not holding a charge anymore. 

Any recommendations for manufacturer? There are a lot of the red battery packs out there, made by different, I am guessing, Chinese companies. Some are very inexpensive, but that does not mean they are not good packs. The Nuon was only $30 and it lasted 4-5 years.

Thanks

Are you located in the USA? Because I know international tool prices are a lot more. You would be better off investing in a new lithium ion drill kit over the Holidays with the deals on a new kit over getting replacement batteries on a nicad tool.