Sawstop

screwdrivers2018

Does anyone have advice on buying a pro Sawstop or a commercial Sawstop? We are considering selling our Delta Unisaw set up and replace it with either a professional or industrial model Sawstop. Any advice is greatly appreciated. We are a club with a nice sized shop in a 55 and older community. We have a lot of people using the shop some with a lot of experience and some not so much. It will get a good amount of use. The Delta works great and has a nice fence and side table but the Sawstop has a great safety features and considering we are an Aging group, we would like to have extra pro-cautions in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum.

The Sawstop table saw appears infrequently on my local Craig's List and disappears quickly.

It is likely that the Sawstop will need to be specified and purchased as a new saw instead of used. There are many useful configuration options to tailor this tool for your usage.

IMO the Professional Cabinet Saw would be great for that application. A spare brake cartridge (and spare blade) would be useful to keep on-hand to eliminate down time if it ever fires.

The existing tool may be sold on Craig's List or on Offer Up.

Welcome to the forum.

The Sawstop table saw appears infrequently on my local Craig's List and disappears quickly.

It is likely that the Sawstop will need to be specified and purchased as a new saw instead of used. There are many useful configuration options to tailor this tool for your usage.

IMO the Professional Cabinet Saw would be great for that application. A spare brake cartridge (and spare blade) would be useful to keep on-hand to eliminate down time if it ever fires.

The existing tool may be sold on Craig's List or on Offer Up.

Thank you, that’s the way we are leaning towards right now.

Does anyone have advice on buying a pro Sawstop or a commercial Sawstop? We are considering selling our Delta Unisaw set up and replace it with either a professional or industrial model Sawstop. Any advice is greatly appreciated. We are a club with a nice sized shop in a 55 and older community. We have a lot of people using the shop some with a lot of experience and some not so much. It will get a good amount of use. The Delta works great and has a nice fence and side table but the Sawstop has a great safety features and considering we are an Aging group, we would like to have extra pro-cautions in place.

What’s the electrical supply of the current unisaw? Pretty sure most of the sawstops run 220v and the industrials run multi phase, just something to keep in mind