New Honda 36 volt platform available in 2020?

A couple of years ago, Honda started selling a 56 volt battery system manufactured by Chervon (the chinese group that makes EGO). For some unknown reasons, this 56 volt battery line has never been extended beyond the limited initial offering and looks pretty much outdated and abandoned.

While browsing a german dealer site, I was surprised to notice a 46cm (19") mower based on a brand new 36 volt platform, along with a brushcutter, hedge trimmer and blower. Available battery sizes are 4, 6 and 9 ah. Altough none of these new tool seems particularly impressive on paper (except perhaps for the high price tag), it's interesting to see more and more high-end brands investing into battery OPE.

honda-akku.jpg

honda-hrg466s-akku-1 (1).jpg

14 hours ago, Jronman said:

I kinda wish they stuck with the Chervon batteries. I have no idea if they were compatible with ego stuff and vice versa but it would at least have been a start.

According to a local dealer, EGO and Honda batteries were not compatible despite being pure clones.

Honda HRX/Twincut design and EGO batteries would have been a nice combo.

I wonder why so many manufacturers targeting the EU market settle for 36/40 volt systems (toro, stihl, husqvarna, honda...).

On 1/7/2020 at 2:19 AM, stefcl100 said:

According to a local dealer, EGO and Honda batteries were not compatible despite being pure clones.

Honda HRX/Twincut design and EGO batteries would have been a nice combo.

I wonder why so many manufacturers targeting the EU market settle for 36/40 volt systems (toro, stihl, husqvarna, honda...).

They may not have been compatible but with a few tweaks they could have.

12 hours ago, Jronman said:

They may not have been compatible but with a few tweaks they could have.

Certainly, I saw that this can be achieved with most Greenworks clones. But considering the high cost of batteries, I am not sure It's worth sacrifying warranty, unless the tool line gets discontinued.