Mr Sam

Sam425

I have started to collect some t stack boxes and I have the DCK211D2T box that is for the 10.v drills! I don’t actually have the drills! But my mum accidentally bought me this instead of the screw tray box I was wondering is it possible to buy an insert to turn this into a screw tray instead of a drill holder box ?  

E8B8BCEA-8E7A-414A-B7DD-BD87BB4C1853.jpeg

No inserts unless you make them or buy two and move the bins from one to the other.

Personally I’m not a big fan of T-Stak. If you need one big bin Keter is cheaper for mostly indoor less demanding environments still with good seals like T-Staks. You get a lot more room in a Keter box. Lots of mechanics use them for their bolt bins. Great price comparatively. So this is good if you are on a job and just need say 4-10 bolts, nuts, and washers. One box can easily handle an assortment from 1/4-1/2” with various lengths.

If you need rugged then I would go with Toughsystem DS150s or Packouts. Both are “nail duty”. Instead of dividers each compartment is a removable bin. You don’t have the problem of nails getting under the dividers and you can pull out just the bins you need for a job. These are about the heaviest boxes out there. I kept them in the bed of a pickup for a couple years. All my parts and tools stayed dry, rust free, and was easy to grab just the stuff I needed for a job, and locked together for transport on highways. Perfect size for larger bolts, entire boxes of nails, etc.

Not sure what to do with T-Stak. Bins won’t hold an entire box of nails and you don’t get much space with the small size. The drill box is OK for drills but no option for say a Sawzall. For small electrical parts I like the Tough Organizers that are very cheap, stack like the others, and fit easily inside Toughsystem boxes like the dolly.

I think the whole concept of T-Stak is for say CATV techs. They need sort of midrange organizers that handle smaller tools and parts but very few larger bolts and nails I guess. They don’t need framer grade boxes or huge assortments of parts like electricians.

Personally I fall somewhere in between. I’m a motor service tech. So I might work on say a 1000 HP motor. The base bolts are say 1/2” and lugs are 4/0 with 3/8” bolted connections plus tape, termination kits. All obviously Tough System or Packout or Keter size bins. There are usually a bunch of small sensor wires, heaters with Stakons which fit best in Tough Organizers (lots of small parts). Same situation in the panel or drive. I could use T-Stak for some in between sizes but since none of these systems are cross compatible it does me no good.