Powermatic 66 Blade Shift Left

tomherrick

Went to use my Powermatic 66 table saw today and the blade had shifted to the left, perhaps 3/16", and hangs on the insert - see attached photo. I'm trying to track down potential causes as I'd rather not take the time right now to tear down the whole saw. At first I thought that somehow I must have bumped the table top really, really hard in the last two days since I'd used the saw, somehow without noticing or remembering, but it's tight and I can't make it move. I can't think of anything particularly different I've done in the shop in the past few days that might have caused this. Next, I checked the blade runout and it's only 0.005" out. When I grab the arbor and try to move it side to side, or in and out, there's no detectable movement. I t appears that the arbor has shifted to the left so I checked the set screw in the bearing arm, and it seems tight; in any case, I can't move the arbor in or out of the bearing arm. 

Anyone have any experience with this kind of issue? At this point I'm at a loss for what it might be. A forensic dismantling wasn't on my agenda, but unless someone here has the right suggestion I guess that's just another speedbump in my project path...

Powermatic 66 blade shift.jpg