Is in impact wrench stronger then breaker bar

personalt

Is a good impact wrench stronger then a medium strength man with a 24" breaker bar?    I would guess a 2 foot bar that I can lean on with 200 lbs would be 400 lbs of torque.  I assume I could get it somehwat higher by jumping on it.    What I really wondering is would an impact gun help me get these rusted nuts off my boat trailer if I cant get them off with breaker bar. 

Is a good impact wrench stronger then a medium strength man with a 24" breaker bar?    I would guess a 2 foot bar that I can lean on with 200 lbs would be 400 lbs of torque.  I assume I could get it somehwat higher by jumping on it.    What I really wondering is would an impact gun help me get these rusted nuts off my boat trailer if I cant get them off with breaker bar. 

Milwaukee makes one with a 1400 ft-lb output so yes. It will break 3/4” bolts if they don’t loosen,

Milwaukee makes one with a 1400 ft-lb output so yes. It will break 3/4” bolts if they don’t loosen,

Depends on peak ft- lb rating. I can use a cheater bar on a 3/4” drive torque wrench with a 3:1 torque multiplier and beat an impact but that’s for when the torque rating on a 1-7/8” nut is something crazy like 600 ft-lbs. Or do something sane and replace the old tech with super nuts.

Welcome to the forum.

Wear eye protection.

Select the correct size six point socket, in either ½" drive or 3/4" drive, use a 3" extension and a 18" to 24" breaker bar. Slide a 3' pipe over the breaker bar.

Use an aerosol lubricant on the lug nuts for several days before attempting to move the nuts.

When first attempting to break free, turn nuts TIGHTER, until they budge, then stop. Work nuts back and forth, with greater rotation in the loosen direction, then back to just snug tight. Continue on the back and forth until the nuts are free.

Use LOTS of aerosol lubricant throughout the process.

My favorite lug stud lubricant, prior to assembly, is Anti Seize. I then always ONLY use a torque wrench at the lowest end of the specified foot pound torque range.