Electric Riding Mower Options

Looking to get an electric mower this spring.  Mowing 1.5 acres.  Willing to charge overnight and split duty cycle over weekend if needed rather than dealing with gas and maintenance.

Narrowed down to Ryobis or Cub Cadets.  In particular:

- Cub Cadet RZT SX 42 Electric Zero-Turn - ($2500)

- Cub Cadet XT1 LT42e - ($4000)

- Ryobi 42 in. Battery Electric Riding Zero Turn Mower - ($3400)

Looking at my opinions.  I'm leaning towards the CC RZT:

+ Zero turn

+ been out for years (proven technology)

+ on sale now - much cheaper

- uses AGM batteries with 1-2 hr run time... but not that expensive to replace in 3-5 years from a battery discounter

- the aluminum alloy blade are not as durable (some commenters)

I like the Lithium Ion in the CC XT1, but it's expensive, and not a zero turn.

The Ryobi is nice, but uses lead batteries ,and it's almost 30% more thane the CC RZT

Looking for opinions from people who have driven, reviewed or owned one of these machines.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, longviewdude said:

Ryobi 42 in. Battery Electric Riding Zero Turn Mower - ($3400)

I have used the Ryobi push and riding versions. Rider died more quickly than I would have hoped, push mowers did a fine job but weren’t propelled. Power is middling and is generally good for semi rigid grasses but not for brush or vines.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know much about these units. Ryobi has been a decent brand for homeowners. Cub Cadet in the past couple years has supposedly improved their products quite a bit. In terms of electric riders, I know more about Mean Green and Greenworks. Mean Green is commercial grade and priced accordingly. Their products may be good but too expensive for a homeowner. I think Greenworks offers a residential zero turn but I do not know pricing.

• 2 months later...

I did research on several electric zero turn mowers and decided on the Ryobi 100 Ah 42” Zero Turn mower. The Ryobi also uses the AGM type deep cycle 12 volt batteries connected in series for 48 volts. I’ve cut my lawn and a field behind my property 9 times so far and the mower cuts very well and quickly. Good smooth cut. I would estimate it being approximately 1.5 acres and taking my time to go around trees and other obstacles it takes me 1.2 hours according to the hour meter and uses 40% of the battery capacity. It costs me 7 cents to mow my grass. Ryobi instructs you to keep the mower plugged into the charger when your not cutting grass. 
Home Depot had what they call a Online Flash Sale on this mower with a bagger kit for $3799 saving me $600 off regular price and had free freight. Battery life is expected to be 5-7 years. My only complaint is that it rides pretty rough if you’re cutting at speed and hit a small hole in your lawn. Maybe someone out there has found a seat suspension kit that will work with this mower. If so please let us know. 

• 6 months later...

When I saw the subject, I did some research and became a member of this site just to answer you. I think if you are looking for a riding lawn mower the john deere e120 is an ideal product for the job. It has 20 horse power and has a V-Twin smooth running engine.

You can find detailed information on the John Deere official website: https://www.deere.com/en/mowers/lawn-tractors/100-series/e120-lawn-tractor/