DCP580 Hand Planer

kjwilson7

I will start by saying that I love the tool. I am running the smaller carbide baldes and I've noticed one huge issue.

BLADE MISALIGNMENT! I noticed that out of the box it favored the right side. I have attempted to adjust the blades with the manual's instructions to no avail. I tried to adjust the blades for about an hour using the block and needless to say I am a little ticked off right now. Then I attempted to adjust the blade holder without the block and got them closer to square, but apparently the two blades were set at different depths.

Has anyone had any luck adjusting the blades? Is there a way to adjust without completely removing the whole assembly? Otherwise it will be time to rid myself of this pos.

As far as a cordless hand planer goes its great (power, cutting, and run time), but if the cut isn't true and you cannot align the blades properly then yes it's a pos. If you we just working with thin stock it probably wouldn't be an issue. I am working wide stock that will not fit through my stationary planer.

On 5/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, reddawg60 said:

I'm confused, you mention you love the tool then later call it a pos??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

And thanks reddawg60 for your helpful suggestion on my issue and reminding me why I love forums.

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Kjwilson:  I know you probably have either figured out your issue or gotten rid of your planer, but on small chance you haven't....I have the same planer & had the same issue.   Thing used to be on point but then I started noticing the digging into one side on some black walnut.   Don't know if you tried thisigh but shot in the dark bc it worked for me.   There are 2 (small difference) ways of adjusting the blades.  One for High speed steel blades & one for carbide blades.  The carbide are very thin & have the groove.   Use adjustment gauge tool with the blade on the guide bar.  Do you adjusting & tighten the screws as hard as you can.   I accrual use blue loctite.  If that doesn't work,  do some measurements of you adjustment tool.  Make sure it's square.   I actually had gotten one b4 with my old planer that was crooked.   Hope this helps.