My 24.00 dewalt miter saw

boonez40

I was given a miter saw a few years ago, it did not work of course.

The back story

My grandpa purchased a house from a lawyer that had recently remodeled it and after the sale, most of the tools where left behind. The plan was that the lawyer was going to send his men over to pick up everything. This went on for months waiting for them to come. Finally the lawyer told grandpa to do with the tools as he wished as he did not have time to pick them up.

Then the next door neighbor laid claim that he own half interests in the tools because he was the one that did the remodel, blah blah blah.

So the next door neighbor comes over one day while I am there and we get to talking about the miter saw and how much he wanted for his half of it. Turns out the saw is broken, either the switch went out or the motor burnt up. The saw had not been used much but gathered a lot of dust.

The neighbor said he and one of the work crew had been using it and when they came back from lunch, it would not power up. Then he said I could just have it.

The saw sat around at my house for 4 or 5 years before I finally got around to tinker with it, I almost threw it away and was going to buy a new one. But now I am off work and doing some work on the side and my wife needs a work table built for her crafts so i pulled it out of storage and tore it down, switch tested fine. I unscrewed the brush caps and low n behold, no brushes on either side of the motor. So I pulled the end cap off and pulled the brush holders out for inspection, heck they looked almost brand new. So what the heck, I ordered a set of brushes for it. 24.00 shipped and the saw lives. 667154653a90f01cfec38a405a3ba749.jpgd39d95026c18ddc255bb31437212754c.jpgc27e2ffa4283b1bbe8a69c5f1c7a9aef.jpgb082fe45ef2097ceed8e9d917484709a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...