saw blade

You can use aftermarket blades on any (as far as I know?) Makita saw. I use Diablo blades on all my 6 1/2 and 7 1/4 non-plunge saws. The 7 1/4 saws might have a little better selection of blades (especially at the big box stores), but the 6 1/2 is a great little saw too. What are you planning to use the saw for?

Yes, you can use after market blades on any saw.  In regards to size, it depends what you are doing and cutting.  If you are working up high and overhead most of the day and with any 2 x ?, I would go with a 6-1/2 for weight.  If you are cutting on the ground and 2 x ?, I would go with a 7-1/4".  If you are cutting bigger items such as multiple piece of plywood, LVL etc, I would go with the rear handle saw.  It's heavy but will get the job done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ToolBane said:

Depends on what you’re doing. Different blades for different materials, quality of cut you are looking for, and direction relative to grain (of wood)

ToolBane is right, it really depends what you are cutting.  All around general blade, I am a fan of Diablo.