What are your favourite 18v Bosch skins?

dwain

I'm a bit sick of talking red and yellow all day round here, Bosch makes some awesome tools!

I've played with all their drills and impacts, grinder and jigsaw. I really like the compact striker (but didn't keep it on account of having the DCD790), and I love the HT wrench but just don't use it enough.

My favourites are the grinder and jigsaw which are both small in the hand but powerful and a pleasure to use.

What is your favourite(s)?

Javier, I'm with you. If I hadn't invested in the M12 line when I had, I would be ALL over Bosch. Back then the line was kind of stagnant and not growing too much, now they're like a wild fire and expanding the line constantly. Plus I love the l boxx' series and actually consider them the same calibre as my T Lock system from Festool. I'm NOT slamming Milwaukee M12. I absolutely love the line it's just an observation that at this time, I would've gone with Bosch if the line was bigger.

ive played with them a bit. very versatile, but lacking in grunt. the dcf 885 or 886 leave it for dead with larger fixings (e.g. batten screws or coach bolts with a 15mm socket head). the Bosch is rated higher which just makes me lack all faith in manufacturers claims.

• 9 months later...

DR((:

If you really like the Bosch miter saws you might want to check out the Fine Woodworking 2015 TOOL GUIDE, Pg. 38. It's an excellent article on both selection criteria, how much miter saw do you really need? and a comparison between some of the most prominent 12" single bevel miter saws. After reading it I ordered the Bosch CM12 from Lowes. It should be in and available for pick up any day now.

The GDX 18  From bosch is a very cool Idea but as Dwain said a bit underpowered.  Do not assume it has the torque off other 18 Volt 1/2" impact wrenches.   More of a slighlty underpowered impact driver.

Their newest 18 Volt  Brushless Drill driver.    GSR 18 V-Ec in europe is good tho.   Not as strong as the Striker but high RPM's and  compact :)     fine tool for everyday use =)

The GDX 18  From bosch is a very cool Idea but as Dwain said a bit underpowered.  Do not assume it has the torque off other 18 Volt 1/2" impact wrenches.   More of a slighlty underpowered impact driver.

The original was, the newer brushless one is fantastic!