new for 2011

DeWalt50

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pics should not be available until the official release date is confirmed and authorized by DeWalt.  Just be careful if any unauthorized images is posted and we certainly do not want the hammer to fall on this site and DeWalt to not renew the lic agreement.  

Don't get me wrong, i am all for getting some sneak peek on what's coming out, just be sure it is not something too sensitive

Looking at a picture with the new 18v circular saw, I wondered....why do circular saws in the EU have the handle behind the blade and US saws have the handle in front of the blade...

(looking at it while holding in left hand)

Just out of curiosity. I'm a lefty so the EU models suit me well  8)

Europe will get a new laser distance measurer. No big update though. Just going from 30m to 40m range.

It's the DW040P. Same case, same look.

A national magazine tested several laser distance measurers. The DeWalt (DW030P) came out as one of the cheapest, with minimal funcions, but with the best durability for jobsite toughness. I learned most measurers are the same on the inside. All made by Leica.

And I noticed on the UK website there's a survey for a collated screwgun. That's up my alley.

Let's see what this will bring (or not) ;)

Got the DW030, it is a blast to use

I just got mine a few days ago, and am still playing with it.  Definitely a cool tool!  Coolest new tool to my collection however is the D25980K that I picked up today!  I will probably never get to use it myself (it is a demo tool, and honestly I don't demo concrete all that often!) but anytime you get to have a tool like that in the garage is sweet!  :)

I got the DW030P also. First I had a Stanley. Although it worked well I didn't like the buttons.

I passed it to my brother and got me the DeWalt instead.

But wait....what....DW088.... ??

All I know is that this modelnumber is in the range of laser tools....

You guys know too much (or I am too curious) ;D

Pffff. Not really news, but I discovered DeWalt has discontinued all pneumatic tools (nailers) in Europe.

Well, here's hoping they don't give up on the cordless nailers...

Discontinue the cordless nailer?  Not a chance, cant wait to get my hands on the next gen version, had the current 18v one but i gave it to my dad, now all i have is the 14.4v version.  I used the 18v one to shoot at drivers who cut me off on the highway...........

I meant EU. US will certainly keep the nailers as they use more woodwork/framing in construction.

The end user rep also told me that the cordless nailers will stay, but all air tools are discontinued.

Looking forward to next gen. Any idea if they will come this year?

Ah true. I never thought of that. Bostitch is all about nailers and everything associated.

Also learned today from Toolstop (UK) that they expect delivery of the new 18v XR line in early June.

That's just a month away. Press release shouldn't be too far away now I guess.... :)

They also mentioned there are a few new special tools they can't talk about yet... wonder what this is....

::) The analysis is beginning...Bosch, Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt XR...18 Volt Shootout...specs,  8) real-life performance comparisons, ergonomics, price, value... :o ... ;) give somebody some advance units for feedback  :'( Christmas  :)

Archived