My tools / ToughSystem Racking

Mr. Yellow

Thanks!

Which mounting brackets do you mean? The ones where you slide the cases on?

Those are part of DeWALT's ToughSystem and are called the "DS Brackets". These can be ordered in sets of 2.

US item# DWST08212 (EU item# DS Brackets / 1-70-362) For some reason they aren't listed (yet?) on DeWALT.com

41G8uGWv54L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks!

Which mounting brackets do you mean? The ones where you slide the cases on?

Those are part of DeWALT's ToughSystem and are called the "DS Brackets". These can be ordered in sets of 2.

US item# DWST08212 (EU item# DS Brackets / 1-70-362) For some reason they aren't listed (yet?) on DeWALT.com

41G8uGWv54L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

US item # DWST08212 is exactly what i needed, thanks! I'll have to get some square stock to fabricate a rack in my garage & pickup truck. Do you know the dimensions of the square these mount to?

I found a link here:

http://www.factoryauthorizedoutlet.com/dewalt/products/DWST08212.asp

I used aluminum 25x25mm, because I didn't want to use steel as I had to have it coated in the end.

But square aluminum pipe really is square and the brackets are designed for rounded edges.

So for that steel will work better. Or you have to modify the brackets like I did.

Also you have to drill holes at the back of your rails. 25mm from center to center is what I did and resulted in a perfect height between the cases.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thanks Quig. Yes, I have seen the new DeWALT stepladders and have thought about it.

The price is ok, but then comes the shipping. That will be almost the same if not more than the inital cost. Add to that the taxes which our customs so lovely charges on both the items value AND the shippingcosts and it will turn out to be one very expensive ladder.

The other thing is, the stepladder I have now is used to build around it. If you see the left rear door, when closed it all just fits with very little space. The little toughcase on the door for example just sits between 2 steps and the drywall squares are also placed so that the (added) handles just sits between the steps. For that I would need to get a DeWALT ladder with exactly the same dimensions. On top of that, I like the double stepladders better and DeWALT only have single stepladders to date.

They do look great and have a good rating. I don't know if it will conflict with regulations for climbing materials over here. Might be an issue?!

• 4 weeks later...

I got mine from a company called Integro Groep here in the Netherlands.

They are specialized in vehicle equipment / van storage.

Normally the holders are grey, but I had them powdercoated in black.

148_320.jpg?2852010143509

http://www.integro-groep.nl/pg-23653-7-39587/pagina/bedrijfswageninrichting_accessoires.html

Hope this helps.

• 5 months later...

Absolutely stunning there Mr Yellow, you must be very proud of all your hard work, looks wicked.

Could I ask where you got the following items installed in your van...

1. The mounting nuts & bolt seen here for holding the saw blades as arrowed below.

IMG_1010-1_zpsd5928bbe.jpg

2. The sprung loaded poles you probably use to hold cargo in place & also what is the case arrowed & do you know a part number.

07-1_zps21beab7b.jpg

3. And lastly, I am interested to know where this fixing (arrowed below) you used on the racking system was from.

IMG_0983-1_zpsfdac03fc.jpg

Many thanks in advance.   ;);D

• Like 1

Hello Steveo205 or Mr. Arrow ;D

Thanks for the nice words. Indeed I am proud of the result. It's still a joy to use :)

To answer your questions...

1.The nut and bolt which hold the saw blades. The bolt is a regular M14 bolt.
The flange on which the blade is sitting is a flange from the DWS780 mitersaw (= also the same flange from a DW718 for example) You can take just about any flange as long as the bore size from the blade is the same. In my case it's 30mm (which is the same on 305mm and 250mm sawblades. On the picture it is holding 250mm blades from the tablesaw)
Partnumber for the DeWALT flange is : N081035 (Europe) or 644999-00 (US)
Then I had an M14 nut welded on the back. This nut suits 2 purposes. 1. to fix the flange to make it easier when storing a blade, 2. to secure the bolt.

To lock the blade I use a keyless lock nut. They are specifically designed for use with angled grinders, but for storing sawblades it works equally well. This is also the reason why I choose an M14 bolt as the thread on angled grinders is also M14 = the same as the keyless lock nut. Well, at least in Europe. Not sure about US...

For the keyless locking nut you can take any brand. I know Bosch sells them. I used the ones from Interdynamics as they are cheaper. There are a variety of brands selling these. If you need helping locating, just ask.
Actually DeWALT just came out with one of their own. It's quite pricey though, so for storage use just take a cheaper model.

Here's a close up so you can see the welded nut on the back

flange.JPG

This is the keyless locking nut (M14)

1603340031.jpg

2. The sprung-loaded poles I got through our fastener supplier, Wurth. It's part of their Orsy Mobil catalogue.
Partnumber is 0963 99 011. They had a great deal for this set around the time I was building the van. It comes with 4 airline rails.
You should be able to get something similar from any company that specializes in van storage or cargo/load fastening for vans/trucks.
The organizer is from Stanley (Fatmax), modelnr. 1-94-746. They are sold in packs of 3.

ee3986b9a2c6342616f937e2c37cee04.jpg

3. The fixing mount for the aluminum tube is from De Melker, a Dutch company. I bought them here http://metaalwinkel-metalen.nl/Muur+en+vloer+flenzen+Aluminium+vierkantebuis.mw (last one on the page)

2443cceeb30b87ddb74eeb1cbe5538fcKoppelin

Hope this helps :)

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I got them from a company in my country that specializes in van/camper equipment.

They are led lights. It was because of this and the small form factor (under 20mm in height) that I used these. They are really bright.

The company no longer sells these though. I guess you best have a look on Google or eBay for RV/camper led ceiling lights.

• 2 months later...

About a week ago I ordered the Prazi Beam Cutter from the US. Merely because recently we had to cut some oak beams. We borrowed a big Protool beam saw (CCP380) for that. It worked perfectly, but I got curious to see what kind of solutions there are for cutting beams, from a regular chainsaw (freehanding) to beam saws and big circular saws. I prefer a beam saw, but found that only Mafell sells models with enough capacity to cut in one pass. As for the price, a total dealbreaker. Way too expensive unless this kind of work becomes pretty much a daily routine.

So I came across the Beam Cutter from Prazi. Ok, there's a big difference between a dedicated beam saw and this add-on, but for the quantity we do I guess this will cut it ;)

Even if not for beams, the added capacity will come in handy for other materials.

The thing was delivered today and I mounted it on my DWE576. It's basically the same as the DWE575 with a different base that can be used with the guiderails. They don't sell the DWE576 in the US though. Then again, we don't have the DWE575SB (wonder why that electric brake is not common on all circular saws. I don't mind paying a bit more for such a feature)

Anyway, I will have to do a little modification to get the chain 90degree to the base. That sliding bar at the rear of the beam cutter is just 15mm too short for my saw to set it at the right angle, but it seems it can easily be fixed. Will give it a go next week and see how it works with the guiderail.

012.JPG

Thanks Brien. I have a dedicated tracksaw (plungesaw) but figured if I gonna use the Prazi attachment I will benefit from a guiderail. So I choose the DWE576. It attaches to just about any 7-1/4" circular saw. I came across this beam cutter a few years ago, but forgot about it until I searched for alternatives for beams saws just recently.

@ChrisK1970. I still have to try it, but first I need to make a modification to that I can align it properly.

I have also read mixed reviews. It's not really a precision tool ofcourse. It's still a chainsaw, but I've seen some video's on YouTube that got me interested. However, a lot of reviews seem from the previous model (PR-2000) and Prazi claims on their website this new model has improved accuracy. One thing I wish they kept from the previous model is the lever for fine adjustment of the chain tension.

@RedSionnach. Now that I've worked with the Protool beam saw for the first time, I like it. Mafell has some great beam saws, but the prices over here start at €5000,- and upwards. They do have a model with dual 3000W motors. Not the kind of saw you want to experience kickback with ;)