NEW DEWALT ROLLING MITER SAW STAND DWX726

kanxrus

I just stumbled across this little beauty on HomeDepot.com. Never seen it, never heard of it.... and yet, it exists!

DWX726.jpg

The DEWALT 32-1/2 in. x 60 in. Yellow Metal Rolling Mitre Saw Stand features a durable tubular steel construction that supports up to 300 lbs. or materials up to 8 ft. in size, simplifying tool carriage. Its vertical storage capability and rubber grip wheels make it great for jobsite transport and storage.

*Durable tubular steel construction supports up to 300 lbs.

*Supports materials up to 8 ft. in size

*Rubber grip wheels for easy portability between venues

*Adjustable mounting rails adapt to most mitre saws and portable thickness planers for convenience

*3-position pneumatic-assisted raising and lowering

*Vertical storage capability helps conserve storage space

$199.00

• 2 months later...

Home depot has had this for over a month so far and if giving it away if you purchase the 718 saw...offer ends on the 4th though.  It is listed to be a miter saw stand as well as planer stand.  I have not checked the dimensions but it should be for the dw734/33.  It is made to be folded up and have the saw be attached.  ONLY thing I *HATE* about this stand is once you mount your saw, its stuck on there.  If there was an easy removal bracket like on their dw723 stands that would make this an awesome and complete stand.  I just am very bothered that you must unbolt it from the stand to use it without.  I almost want to find a busted up 723 stand, cut the part that the saw brackets attach to, and mount that to this stand to make the saw easy to remove.

Here is my workaround to fit a dw735 on a dwx726,

First I cut some 3/4" plywood, routed the edges and stained it black and drilled the mounting the holes for the planer and attached it to the stand.

6626492521_bbff6c7f8c_b.jpg

6626482099_c404b67732_b.jpg

I was unsure if the planer was going to be too heavy and tip the stand over when stored in the vertical position but to my suprise it worked fine.

6626466349_1fb5d54043_b.jpg

6626472129_0a9236db5f_b.jpg

And if you have the infeed/outfeed tables for the planer they fit when stored in the vertical position

6626477913_7de172331f_b.jpg

It works but I would only leave it in the vertical position near a wall or up against somthing sturdy becuase it could get pushed over. I really like the stand I know that it is a portercable rebrand but I wish it was 2 inchs wider and "foot/bumper" was an inch or two taller it would be alot more sturdy.  These should be non issues with a miter saw though.

I still can't believe dewalt is marketing this as a planer stand when there flagship "portablr planer" does not bolt right on.  One more thing when the stand is in horizontal position it has 2 rubber bumper feet but in the vertical position the metal foot/bumper does not have any type of protection, some pipe wrap should work though.

Here is my workaround to fit a dw735 on a dwx726,

First I cut some 3/4" plywood, routed the edges and stained it black and drilled the mounting the holes for the planer and attached it to the stand.

6626492521_bbff6c7f8c_b.jpg

6626482099_c404b67732_b.jpg

I was unsure if the planer was going to be too heavy and tip the stand over when stored in the vertical position but to my suprise it worked fine.

6626466349_1fb5d54043_b.jpg

6626472129_0a9236db5f_b.jpg

And if you have the infeed/outfeed tables for the planer they fit when stored in the vertical position

6626477913_7de172331f_b.jpg

It works but I would only leave it in the vertical position near a wall or up against somthing sturdy becuase it could get pushed over. I really like the stand I know that it is a portercable rebrand but I wish it was 2 inchs wider and "foot/bumper" was an inch or two taller it would be alot more sturdy.  These should be non issues with a miter saw though.

I still can't believe dewalt is marketing this as a planer stand when there flagship "portablr planer" does not bolt right on.  One more thing when the stand is in horizontal position it has 2 rubber bumper feet but in the vertical position the metal foot/bumper does not have any type of protection, some pipe wrap should work though.

Thanks for the review! Nice garage by the way!

• 1 month later...

Just picked one of the up.  I like the sturdiness of the stand and the fact everything is bolted solid to the stand.  We plan on using this set up very much like we used to operate with the Delta sawbuck several years back.  Easier to secure it for theft or transport.  Haven't used it enough to post anything about long term durability.

However I was very disappointed with the assembly process.  The main lift handle had misaligned holes and will have to get drilled out and new bolt installed.  Also, some of the threaded holes in the frame seemed to have poorly cut threads or paint build up that made it difficult to install screws.  Finally the rail bolts were so over torqued I nearly stripped the heads out to loosen them to install our saw.   

Andy

• 2 years later...

That's really nice. I see he used the axle and wheels from the rolling tablesaw-stand. That's an easy fix. 

Speaking of stands, why is it that the big mitersaw stand is still the old model in Europe? 

When the short one was introduced in the US, they also had a new long one, but we don't have that.

Main differences are the levers on the folding legs and the locking knobs from the extendable arms.