Whats everyone using for Dust Collection hookup on DWS780

roadhog96

I have a Ridgid 12 Gal shop vac with 2.5" hose. I'm trying to find the best way to connect the hose to the dust pickup tube on the DWS780. I would think someone must make an adapter to do this but I haven't had much luck finding one yet. Most shop vacs have a 1.25" or 2.5" hose. I don't want to duct tape it together even though it would work. I'm looking for a simple adapter that connects everything together for a tight clean fit. Anyone found one that will work?

Looks like the small end is what the 2 1/2" hose screws onto. So the large end would be way to big for the saw dust port. I think that adapter is 4". I've checked out those fittings at HD and Lowes and haven't found an exact fit yet. This is insane, why would anyone make a tool that has the feature for dust collection and not provide adapters that fit the most common size shop vac hoses on the market.

Well I found an adapter that the 2 1/2" hose connector fits right into on one end and the other end fits over the DWS780 dust pickup tube nice and snug. Tomorrow I'll get a chance to try it out. There should be plenty of suction at the saw end. I also picked up a package of shop vac bags. This way the expensive Hepa filter won't plug up from all the dust and the bag will add another layer of filtration. Anything that's messy will be confined inside the bag for disposal. Hope this bag filter works out OK, never tried one before and there not cheap either.

• 3 months later...