DeWalt material hold down clamp.

roadhog96

That's looks like the one I had in mind only the part number is DW7082, actually that number is now obsolete and the new part number is 153650-00. Looks like the same as the DE7082. Everyone that sells it including DeWalt does not list it for using it with the DWS780. I agree the one that comes with the saw is crap. Thanks for the tip.

I have recieved several replies back from DeWalt dealers in reference to this DW7082 clamp. I simply wanted to know if this speed clamp that they were selling, that fit previous DeWalt miter saws including the DW718 would work on the DWS780.

I don't know why they just don't get it, they reply back with the part numbers for the stock clamp that came with the saw. I never asked about the stock clamp, I asked if the DW7082 clamp they were selling would fit the DWS780, how hard is that?

I also emailed DeWalt with this same question and they replied with, this is a specific clamp for the DWS780 and the part number is N142123, it can be ordered from our parts dept. If DeWalt doesn't know if the DW7082 will fit the DWS780 then why don't they?

Mr. Yellow thank you very much for your confirmation on the DW7082 clamp.

• 4 months later...

Excellent. Thanks for addressing that Gatorb888!

I had something similar over here with the DWE46150 surface grinding shroud. DeWALT was unnaware that this shroud does not fit the D28137 125mm angle grinder (European model). I had to find out the hard way. The end user rep forwarded it, but it seems I informed him a little too late as they advertise these as compatible in the new online brochure that went online a couple of days ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally ordered 2 of these clamps. I'm not going to wait forever for DeWalts confirmation on these. I trust everyone here who's tried them to know whether of not if they work or not. Seems that the consensus here is they will work. I'll post my experience with them when they arrive.

Yah I should have had them by now. It's one of those things you know you want to do but keep putting it off. I haven't used the saw since last fall so I haven't really given it much thought but it's just about time to get started on some outside projects now that the weather is finally starting to warm up. I'll mostly use 1 myself but I figured it would be nice to have 2 for those times when 2 is better than 1. I used the one that came with the saw last year and got aggravated with the way it took so long to lower or raise it. I guess I don't have as much patience as I use to have. I'm just going leave them both mounted on the saw lock and loaded.

Well the DW7082 clamps arrived yesterday and they fit on my DWS780 just like you guys said it would. Come on DeWalt let's get the lead out and update the saw list these clamps will work on so that others can utilize these too. Thanks everyone for your input on these, glad I finally bought them they work great. One observation I did make was that with the left clamp installed, when you swing the saw table to the right you can only get a 59 degree cut not a 60 degree. The screw for the slide lock hits the clamp. But when compared to the stock clamp that comes with the saw, you can only get a 51 degree cut and the saw hits the plastic wing nut on the clamp. Not a big deal either way but the quick release clamps do work better. There's plenty of material on the clamp that you could grind a little off which would allow you to get that extra degree if you really needed it.