DCF885

dragom

hi dragom.

i have owned this impact driver, and now its brushless brother. they are NOT made for removing lug nuts. They are designed for driving screws/large fasteners. I don't think 885  will be able, but even if it does, its putting the tool through unnecessary work to do it often. Unless you loosen them with a tyre iron first, then the 885 will nip them off quick smart with no problems.

If you want to do that sort of work, you could get the High Torque Wrench (DCF889). I've also seen a video that leads me to believe that even the compact impact wrench (DCF880) will work, though I'm not sure it was designed for that either. Amazon comments seem to indicate it can:

http://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCF880B-20-Volt-Li-Ion-2-Inch/dp/B0092RUPXO/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1393453163&sr=1-1&keywords=dewalt+20v+wrench#productDetails

The adapter you need are these (you can get them individually if you want, but having the set is very handy):
http://www.amazon.com/TEKTON-2902-Extension-Adapter-3-Piece/dp/B000NPT5YE/ref=sr_1_10?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1393453099&sr=1-10&keywords=1%2F4+adapter+socket

The adaptors for impact drivers cut down the torque quite a bit. I have used the high torque impact dwain mentioned and it will have plenty of torque for any vehicle that is a one ton or smaller. It is a good impact, well balanced and you will be able to rotate all of your tires on one charge.

• Like 1