Dewalt DWV902M Extractor Vacuum Wet & Dry Vac 110v

DooDar

I got the vac rack a couple of days ago. Also got me the large T-Stak case. The hose fits in there, but I find it a rather large combination when on top of the vac.

As for the cable. The vac rack has a cable wrap on the front, but it's not ideal. I'm thinking of cutting the cord and attach a Neutrik Powercon inlet on the vac and a plug on the cable. So I can unplug it altogether and store it in the T-Stak.

Similar to what I did with my mitersaw table (still not finished...)

Also need to get the floor cleaning set and see how to store the tubes. Someone on here bought 2 and cut the tubes so they fit in the T-Stak. Might go the same route. You can make it a little longer as well, making it better for your back.

• Like 1

They do male/female connectors, inlet/outlet connectors and some accessories.

http://www.neutrik.com/en/industrial/powercon/powercon/powercon-true1/

If you go this route, it's best to stick with these. I read that a lot of those (in general) powercons cannot be connected/disconnected under load/live whereas with the True1 stuff you can. And it's IP65 rated as well. Aaaand it's yellow! ;)

• Like 1

That's awesome! Amazon has them here in the states. Not very expensive.

I may just consider trying this setup. Would make cord management a lot easier on the vac. I also like the idea of customizing a hose mated along with a power cord for the tools to be used with the vac.

• Like 1

They are not expensive indeed. Good quality. Neutrik is a key player in that area from what I know.

It's a great conversion for tools that are (mainly) used with the vac, like a tracksaw or router.

I've thought about it before, but I didn't had a vac then. Might consider doing it with my tracksaw and then customize a hose with a lead and a wraparound sleeve. 

In case you didn't know, Dewalt makes a dust collection unit like that. http://www.dewalt.com/tools/hammerdrills--hammers-dust-extraction-systems-dwh050k.aspx

It even has a suction cup (utilizing suction from the vac) so it will stick to a vertical wall.

They really should have released that kit (DWH050) in the small T-Stak so you can take advantage of it with the vac rack.

I'll switch mine to a T-Stak. Unfortunately it means ditching the insert.

It even works with the cordless vac [emoji106]

Sent from somewhere by someone using something.

BTW, is there an update coming to the DE7901 floor cleaning kit that incorporates the Airlock system?

I'm about to buy this set, but wouldn't mind not using adapters and hook it straight up.

I've looked at buying this kit a few times. It's always been on back order and also didn't want to buy an adapter. The impression fittings also seem cheap and ALWAYS pull apart when you're using it.

• 2 months later...

I've been using my vac a lot recently and noticed that beeping sound. It has something to do with the suction, but can't quite figure it out.

It does beep even when there's nothing stuck inside the hose. Anyone knows what's the deal?

I got the floor cleaning set yesterday. Sorry to say, but that thing is a joke. Not anti-static and not very guaranteed tough from the feel of it.

DeWALT should make a decent (tough) anti-static set (I mean, they have the anti-static hose) that is airlock ready.

Now gotta find a way to store it on the vac or get another set and shorten the tubes so they fit in the T-Stak.

The beeping is from loss of suction, I find if I turn down the middle dial ( can't remember the numbers on it) it sorts it. If your using a smaller adapter on the hose have it on the lower setting.

Hope that makes sense.

I have to agree with you on the floor cleaning set its useless, I just use my Henry Hoover attachment, works perfect, you could always glue in an airlock adapter.

• Like 1

Cheers Dano. I looked at the manual and it says that the setting should be equal or higher than the inner size of the hose (or adapter when using).

What you are saying is the opposite. I'll try that as it keeps 'whistling' a lot. Maybe it's a bad translation in the manual...

I have an airlock adapter for the floor set. That works great, but I wonder why they didn't do a new set when the DWV902 came out.

Might get some different tubes.