Blue to Green makeover

KaHuNaZ

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have this old ryobi kit, the whole thing came in a rolling cart. It had the miter saw, drill, recip flashlight, circ, and I'm not sure what the other one was. It just seemed like after a while the new batteries would not last. The whole kit was blue. Hopefully the lithiums have come along since then.

most of their cordless tools have been overhauled since the NiCad days. The newer lithium tools are night and day better than their older NiCad stuff. Ive had several older smaller kits, but I always wanted the kit that came with the rolling tool box. It would be cool if they came out with a newer version of it.

• 2 months later...

I have the "Six-Pack" (that's what they used to call it)...it's a rolling box that has a miter saw, drill, circular saw, speed saw (a Roto-Zip type of thing), reciprocating saw, flashlight, a charger and three batteries. Home Depot sold them, cost $399 at the time, and it's a great kit to have. Everything stores in the box, the miter saw flips over to fit inside so it's all nice and compact. Made it really great for taking mobile whenever the need came up. I would like to see them do it again with the newer style of tools, but to be honest mine has gone 12 years or so with no issues at all so it's not like I'd buy another one.

As for the Lithium batteries, I use them in the old "blue" tools and you'd be surprised at how much better those tools run on the newer batteries. Didn't have to ditch the older stuff worrying about whether the Lithium batteries would kill them or not. The only problem with the Lithium batteries is that if I try to go too hard or too fast with the miter saw it stops, I guess the batteries have an overload in them. As long as my blade is good and I don't go nuts the miter saw chugs away perfectly with the Lithium batteries.

• 3 weeks later...