Got a new Bosch 18v on the way!

dwain

As some of you may have noticed, I really like my Bosch gear. I'm beginning to think that if I could only keep one of my platforms (20V Dewalt and 18v Bosch), that it might be the Bosch.

Now I've got this on the way: http://sydneytools.com.au/bosch-18v-li-lon-cordless-planer-skin-only

It's only got one blade (which makes me a little nervous), but apparently their blades are great. Whats more they are cheap, and double sided! http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-PA1202-Woodrazor-Tungsten-Carbide/dp/B00020J1Q2/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'll probably post a review of this tool sometime soon (or maybe even a comparison with the 18v Makita), but for now, I'm just excited for a new toy! Big Lboxx is a nice bonus too :)

I like Bosch and these German brands. Their quality and engineering is amazing. I didn't know they had a planer either but that's a nice tool to have cordless if one needs it

needs? since when are power tools about needs? think you need to do some contemplation Javier! (just kidding, i know you're a tool nut too!)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Great to hear that you enjoy your Bosch tools. How did that review go with the planer? You r right dwain, sometimes you don't need it but you wanna own it. I bought the 1617EVSPK last year around Xmas, just because of it was on sale. Never thought about for what i will need it. Since then its still in the case and waits for some action. But next year after winter or all the holidays im planing to use it. Kitchen make over: P

• 2 weeks later...

Great to hear that you enjoy your Bosch tools. How did that review go with the planer? You r right dwain, sometimes you don't need it but you wanna own it. I bought the 1617EVSPK last year around Xmas, just because of it was on sale. Never thought about for what i will need it. Since then its still in the case and waits for some action. But next year after winter or all the holidays im planing to use it. Kitchen make over: P

sorry completely missed these questions. we never did a special review on the Bosch, but OZ Tool Talk did a comparison with the Makita 18V.

Sorry the Bosch unit spends half the video out of picture!