Milwaukee Cordless "Hatchet" Sawzall

b1mmuo27

I have had the sawzall for the past 3 years & it has run without fail. This weekend though I was cutting through a peice of 1/2" rigid pipe & the blade refused to come out of the tool less chuck. Wiggling it I have now broke the blade. Has any one had this problem? I am wondering if the locking pin is bent & not releasing the blade. Does to chuck come apart or do I now have to replace the shaft & chuck? Thanks :)

I have only had one problem before with the chuck and it was also when I was cutting pipe. I was wondering if the shavings were getting lodge making it harder to release the blade. Anyways, I pulled the blade so the screw part was visiable. I used a pair of plyers and had to jam down pretty hard to release the blade, but it worked. Since then I have never had a problem. I would try a pair of plyers to see if you can release the blade.

I took another look at it & tapped lightly on the chuck with it pointing down. Eventually the piece of blade did fall out. No harm to the chuck, the blade had bent slightly at the hole for the chuck pin. This was holding the blade stub in. I think this is a good testimonial to the quality & durability of Milwaukee tools. As a professional electrician, I use these daily without let down. Expensive yes, quality, durability too. Thanks.

Just saw your questions and glad to see it was fixed. I like Dewalt tools a lot, but when it comes to a rec saw, I love the Milwaukee Sawzall. I have never had a problem. The Dewalt reciprocating saw, the blade would always become dislodge and fallout. The milwaukee I have never had a problem. Yes I need to work on my spelling.