Milwaukee 6950-80 Miter

ChrisK

Okay, so you got the 718...does that have the light for the work piece?

You may have already figured it out, but the DW718 was replaced by the DWS780. The 780 comes with the light out of the box, and it's actually 3 LED's, so a lot brighter than the one you were able to just add on to the 718.

I don't think you'll be disappointed by the 780. It's only 57 lbs if I remember correctly. Haven't seen if Ridgid has come out with a new model recently but theirs could be used as a boat anchor and it was huge. The 780 also has the largest cutting capacity than any other 12" slide on the market. 

Hey maybe I will see you there. The wife and I are talking about going back next year also.I mean how do you say no to and Irish princess?

jip_zps1e9f95df.jpg

The only problem I have with the bosch is all of the joints. Maybe in a shop it would ok but I move it from job to job.

Now that looks like a happy wife Regopit!!!!!

Now that looks like a happy wife Regopit!!!!!

She's happy alright. She had been drinking Guinness all day at the beer garden. This was taken in Ocean City Md. This past St. Patricks day woke up the next morning and had 8" of snow on the ground. 

• Like 1

She's happy alright. She had been drinking Guinness all day at the beer garden. This was taken in Ocean City Md. This past St. Patricks day woke up the next morning and had 8" of snow on the ground.

. Got to love a lady that loves Guinness. My friends cannot get over the fact that a predominantly non drinker type like me LOVES Guinness.

So do you like your 718 for finish work? Also is the XPS light the same that comes with the other 780 saw!

If my Makita LS1225 died tomorrow, I honestly don't know what I'd replace it with.

Any other tool I own I can tell you exactly what I'd replace it with and where to find it the cheapest, but I honestly can't say with the miter.

post a pic pls of your miter saw - cant find that thing online :P

. Got to love a lady that loves Guinness. My friends cannot get over the fact that a predominantly non drinker type like me LOVES Guinness.

So do you like your 718 for finish work? Also is the XPS light the same that comes with the other 780 saw!

I have no problem doing finish with it I just always check the blade for sq. and use a good blade as for the light I not sure but I like the add on one that I have . As for the Wife with a maiden name of O'Mooney how could she not like Guinness. The last time we were in Ireland she was big on the Snake Bite, Magners Cider on the bottom and Guinness floating on top. 

post a pic pls of your miter saw - cant find that thing online :P

That's because I gave you the wrong model #. It's actually LS1221. It's a 12", non-sliding, single bevel. I got this thing at a pawn shop a few years back in excellent condition for like $140. I don't care much about dual bevel, but I would like to have a slider.

http://www.makitatools.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?Name=LS1221

post-515-0-88489300-1413340866_thumb.jpg

post-515-0-48147600-1413340899_thumb.jpg

I really try to mike. I make it a point after every project to take my compressor and blow all the dust off the surface and out of the vents and moving parts. I also try to lube any joints with dry lubricate that won't cause saw dust to cake at least once a year.

Madman: I could take a damn nice vacation with all the money I've spent on tools just to have "capability" :lol:

• Like 2

just count how much "wifes" spend on lotions, make-up, clothes - so I think we can spend our party on tools :P

With Mrs. Conductor I have a limited disclosure policy on tool purchases. I tell her only about the shit she finds out about ;)

• Like 1