any reason to not buy cordless tools from overseas?

NERemodeling

• 2 months later...

so now might be the time...   i was bummed that Makita only brought  the new brushless top handle jigsaw to the US and not the barrel grip.   I remember that member Samuel L mentioned that the store he works for in Canada, kmstools.com has the barrel grip. 

even after shipping, the US favorable exchange rate makes it cheaper to buy the jigsaw from Canada rather than the US so I'm thinking I'm gonna pop!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been patiently waiting for the new Makita 148 impact to get here for months now and have even looked at the cost to get it from Japan and I finally couldn't take it anymore and after having to pay $190 for a bare with shipping I finally got one and its a pretty nice and tiny impact.  It definitely tops all of the other ones they have done to date.

Living in the UK. I have always had to import certain tools from the USA in the past as many tools are not sold here.

It seems that many tools are sold in the area they are designed and produced first, it taking time to introduce manufacturing and distribution in another area of the world.

Milwaukee has a few tools in the eu that take a while to get to the USA and the other way around. The Uk still has not got the fuel hole hawg yet for example. Dewalt uk told me they had no intention of selling the XR vac but a year later it was released, probable because a 230v version was finally produced.

I finally broke down and bought the new making brushless barrel grip jigsaw, cordless planer and updated (from what we have in the US) cordless stick vac.

I'll let you guys know how the shipping process goes and what I think of them when they arive

Wow....nice looking saw there John. I would've even consider that one! Wicked cool looking tool!

Thanks guys!! I'll keep you posted, I'm stoked to get them

The planer is the same model as in the us but I was able to save a bunch getting it in Canada

Yeah Chris, I'm really looking forward to the jigsaw.. it looks to be decent competition for the carvex.. I have the corded carvex and love it but don't have any festool batteries, really want to go cordless and think the makita is a good alternative..